Log On Today - Fish On Tomorrow!

(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Portable Shelters

I'll second Adrien. Very good shelters. Little bit of $ but they shed snow well. I have seen a few but all I have seen are to low to get my boat into.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Portable Shelters

Thanks for all your replys.

The "cover it" was the one that I was looking at too. Did not want to start my thread off with advertising for them. However, shipping cost quite a bit for some of these if you order. That place is in Nashua so a pick up is very doable for me. They also have the one I want in stock - a 24X12X8 round.

I want to stay portable though as my taxes are way too high as it is. Also hoping to solve the issue of all this rain and keeping it covered. Would be much nicer to come home and just park it wet or dry.

-Brian

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Portable Shelters

Brian make sure the the 8 foot is going to be high enough if you look at the site there is a picture that shows the dimision of there inclosed round covers(you didn't say if you were getting one that is fully inclosed or not)click on gambrel shelter in the picture link.If I went with one of these I would have to get the 10 to 12 foot high one I don't think I would be able to get my boat in one that has that height.You lose some off the top.It's just a thought before you buy one.Let us know how it is to put up one of these.Good luck.

Erin

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Portable Shelters

Thanks. Yes, I am planning to get a fully enclosed round style one if I do. 8 foot maybe enough. Hoping to measure one out before bying. At 4 feet I need about 9 feet worth of width. So hoping that is not an issue. If it is I may have to go with a 10 footer.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Portable Shelters

Just a heads up.

Anyone putting up a shelter, be sure and stake it down well and leave the front flap down, especialy on windy days.

I have a round top one, rated for snow, etc. very satisfied with it. Never had a problem on allot of very windy days, however, one morning I found it upside down, a few feet from where to was supposed to be.

We put it back were it was supposed to be, hardly any damage, so they are rugged. We had it staked with the stakes provided, but had the front door flap rolled up. Wind got inside and away we go.

Now we tie a rope from the roof to my golf cart which is parked in there, it wont go anywhere even if I forget to roll down the front flap. I think they will stay put with the stakes provided if you keep the flap down.

John S.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Portable Shelters

Johns right on the $ with putting the front flap down.The cover if not attached good to the ground will turn into a kite on a winndy day.I used to tie my boat to the cover.But I went out and bought swing set anchors that twist into the ground and I don't have to worry about windy days anymore they are very strong.I dug down 8 to 10 inch then twisted them in and they won't move now.I think the Cover It shelters sell them for $5.00 pc.well worth the $$.

Erin

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Portable Shelters

I was going to just use tent spikes. Should that be enough? :)

If I do set one up I will use cement anchors at least 18" deep. I guess it is time to do it soon before the ground freezes.

Saw the exact one I have been looking for on my way home from fishing today. They look good.

Brian

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Portable Shelters

I used the spikes and they pulled out Cement would be better than my anchors but the anchors would do for this year if you don't get the cement done in time.I saw one today also that looks so much better than the one I got now.

Erin