Welcome Fish Lake Winni Angler's

Log On Today - Fish On Tomorrow!

(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
New Brunswick Hunt!

Just got back today from our NB hunt. We had the worst weather you could ever order for deer hunting the big woods. Warm, 70 on Friday,( I don't have huntin' clothes for that weather) and Rain!!!! Dress light for the warm temp , get wet sooner(:
Rained every day except Monday and if it didn't rain it was foggy. Bottom line we had a Blast!
The guys in camp were awesome and friendships were quickly forged. There were five guys from Vermont and two from Maine along with our four from NH. All good and skilled hunters with manny stories to share.
We only hung one buck and given the conditions we did well to do that. It was a 201lb 10 point that Rick from Vermont got. He saw it in a large cut off and shot at it and soon found a blood trail. Travis met up with him and they started tracking it and even though I did not know I was close to them , jumped it and it literally ran into me and I shot it at a distance of less then ten feet. Awesome buck!! it was Rick's deer as when I shot they heard it get up from its bed at same time as I did and were less then 300 yds from me when I shot. Rick's shot would have been a fatal shot, I just got in the middle!
The best part of trip were the new friendships and that is the part that people that don't hunt or fish will never get!!!!

Re: New Brunswick Hunt!

Too bad the weather didn't cooperate for ya. Great to hear you guys had fun anyways. Hunting camp is always a blast!

Re: Re: New Brunswick Hunt!

Also glad to hear you had a good time, the weather has been ****ty here too UGHHHH where's the snow???????? and the good thing was Quality Time between Dad and Son, Doesn't get any better then that!!!!!!!!!!! Take Care God Bless and Good Hunting LOL Dave From up North