Log On Today - Fish On Tomorrow!

(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Confused

Good luck. Hope you find it. If I was near you I run out and help. The guard tower of all stands!. You'll have to fill me in your Idaho trip sometime.

Re: Re: Confused

No blood/no deer....Looked high/low....He went down into where Craigs went to. Found his track......I believe the G-man had a clean miss.
The buck came out at 345, along the bottom of the last field, right by the lone apple tree. Garrett called me on the radio and said he was getting ready, as the buck ducked back in the woods. 20 minutes later, he looked down and behind, and he had gone away around another 75 yds, and was headed up into the field. Garrett said he was not gonna let him duck out on him again, so he took a head-on chest shot....around 150yds....I wonder where he learned that from!!!!!!!

Oh well, tonights another night.
Good luck to all..

Popeye

Re: Re: Re: Confused

Sorry to hear that John. That apple tree is the hot spot. Like I always tell Blake, a clean miss is better than a bad hit! Hopefully Garret will get another crack at him. Those head on shot are tough. Missed a few myself. Good luck. Mass. gun opener tomorrow for Blake. Hope he gets an opportunity. Been a tough year for me. Only seen 3 deer so far with the bow, wacked a decent doe on my 13th trip out.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Confused

Tell him i said good luck, and let me know how he does....

Popeye

Here is the twin

or is it a ghost??? Man this buck looks identical to the one Popeye just shot. But, its definitely a different one... this is the one Garrett saw out of the Guard Tower.

And here is the one Popeye shot... mirror image!

Re: Here is the twin

Great photos, what type of camera are you using? In the first photo did the deer just make the scrape or is that why you put your camera there? Thanks.

Re: Re: Here is the twin

I have 3 moultrie's, 1 is a game spy digitals, and the other 2 that has taken these Pics is a game spy plus. (film)
This is one of those "comunity" scrapes. Same place every year.More than this dude visit it each year. The 9 pointer I got in 2004 I got a Pic of at 7.13 in the am, same place. I had gotten other Pics off this spot durring day light of bucks. I have my morning spots, but figured I would bring in my ameristep blind and try it to see what happens. (3 1/2 hours later.........)

The other buck we saw again last night. when I went in to get Garrett( he likes me to come in on the wheeler to get him so i scare off the deer, not him getting out of his stand) on our way out he was in one of the other fields. We watched him for 10 minutes before the doe got up (was bedded) and lead him away.

Thanks for posting for me Craig

Popeye