Welcome Fish Lake Winni Angler's

Log On Today - Fish On Tomorrow!

(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Antennas yet again!

Four months to go, as Salty kindly pointed out, and I am already trying to put new stuff in my boat that I just winterized two weeks ago. So here's the point of this... Cb antenna 8 foot or 3 foot does it make that much of a difference. I don't hunt so come on April!

Re: Antennas yet again!

Almost all of the boats I've been on (Except the Sampson Barge But i think that's on the wish list for next year LOL) They all have 8 footers, For the difference in price, go with the 8' antenna, I know when i am up on Squam and Cool Water is fishing the Center Harbor area i can talk to him no problem, and when me and Robert are fishing over in Ctr Harbor i can talk to Salty over in meredith bay without a glitch Go With the 8' That to me is the Best Bang for your Buck!!!!!!!! Take Care God Bless and Here's hoping 4/1/07 gets here in a Hurry!!!!!!!! LOL Dave From up North

Re: Re: Antennas yet again!

The eight foot will travel farther that the 3 footer it's higher in the air so the skip is better Example I know that when I'm fishing out in Lake Ontairo(My new radio came with a 3 footer I haven't got a new one yet but anyways)I can here my buddy's home base when I'm out 5 miles but I can't talk to them but when I'm in my buddy's boat with the 8 footer he can talk to his wife like night and day a big difference so If you have a choice and the room as dave said go with the 8 footer.This is just my opinon.Good luck.

Erin

Yes that's true Dave, but Salty tells a white lie now and then as to where he is, LOL. So you never know fer sure, he might say Center Harbor and be on Sunapee.. I think we are going to hide a GPS tracking antena on his boat next year.

With any comunications the antena is very important, higher the better.

John S.

Re: Re: Re: Antennas yet again!

I have never known Salty to mislead anyone regarding his fishing location but I did bring a pad on board to keep track of the fish count--too many to remember :>)
Cal

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

Yes that's true Dave, but Salty tells a white lie now and then as to where he is, LOL. So you never know fer sure, he might say Center Harbor and be on Sunapee.. I think we are going to hide a GPS tracking antena on his boat next year.

With any comunications the antena is very important, higher the better.

John S.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Antennas yet again!

And from what i have learned he's got some of the best grub on board too, Didn't make it out with him this season but looking forward to next season!!!!!!!!!!! Take Care God Bless and Dream of 4/1/07 LOL Dave From up North

Link,
You were inquiring about CB antenna, (Citizen Band), CB antennas and radios are not what is being used on Winni. The guys use VHF marine radios and antennas. Yes, the 8 ft is what you want to get.

Definately go 8ft. I have a 3ft and it is useless for anyone out my view even in the broads. Even boats in view in the broads I sometimes get crackle transmission. I am going to an 8ft next spring too.

Thanks all for your input...8 footer it is, now if I can just stop myself from buying two more downriggers that I don't need!

I just put a new 9'6" Shakespeare model 399 on my whaler. It works great.