Welcome Fish Lake Winni Angler's

Log On Today - Fish On Tomorrow!

(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
YoAdrien(shelters)

YoAdrien are those big shelters you have are they a PITA to put up?I'm looking at the 22x24x12 house style is the materail plyable in cold weather that you know of?Do you think I need a trailer to pick this thig up in NH?Sorry for all the questions.Any input would be great Thanks.

Erin

Re: YoAdrien(shelters)

you need to plan out everything and assemble all the large pieces that you can first and lay them down in order, then when you are ready to start erecting that's when you call your buddies you will need a few to help out.

i put mine up in the summer i don't know how it would go in the winter just try for a sunny day.

You don't need a trailer, they are not too big when it is just pipes in boxes. biggest box is the folded tarp.

Re: Re: YoAdrien(shelters)

Thanks Adrien are the pipes powdered or galv.steel?I would like to get gal.if possable

Re: Re: Re: YoAdrien(shelters)

i think mine are powder

Re: Re: Re: Re: YoAdrien(shelters)

Thanks.

Erin

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: YoAdrien(shelters)

YOAdrien the reason I'm asking is how are they standing up to the weather.The cover I have now is just a cheap cover so all the paint is coming off the metal poles.I'm looking at getting something that will last me a long time so I'm not changing the cover every 2 or 3 years.They have these metal garages that will fit 2 cars but no sides for about a $1000.00 Have you ever seen them.If not I will post a picture of one.The metal is Galv steel.I'm not sure what the roof is made of.How long have you had your shelters up?Sorry for all the question this is a one shot deal I just want to reserch before I spend this kind of cash.Thanks for any input.

Erin

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: YoAdrien(shelters)

only 2 years so far
they seem fine

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: YoAdrien(shelters)

Wow, I just went through this myself. Here is what I learned.

There are 3 major brands:
1. Cover it / Shelter Logic - this is the least expensive to the 3. The piping is powder coated steel and the cover is 7.5 oz poly. 2 year warranty. Everyone I talked to says good things about them. One note is that they are known for the occasional shipping error and questionable customer service (have heard from several sources including a neighbor and direct from a reseller) .

2. Shelter King / MDM - Little more expensive than the shelter logic and a smaller co (both are in CT which for us does matter because of shipping costs). The major differences between most models compared to shelter logic is that they have heavier material (10 oz) and galvanized pipe with a 2 doors instead of one. They have larger bolts that hold the structure together, have tie tags for the doors, and the material is tightened down via a ccontinuous rope instead of through a loop in the canvas near the bottom. 1 year warranty as opposed the the 2 from SL.

3. Clear Vue - about 2-3 times more than the ShelterKing and ShelterLogic brands. It has heavier material (12.5 oz), a skylight in the top, and has a longer warranty (10-15 years) but it comes with some catches. They are down south and the shipping is a bit more. Definitely the highest quality but a lot of money depending on how big a shelter you are looking for and what you are willing to spend.

All have similar colors but can appear differently. For example the green for the ShelterLogic is a darker green and the green for the ShelterKing is brighter. I'm mentioning this because samples online don't do justice until you have seen them up close. More importantly look at one in the color you want after about 5 years of use in the sun and NE weather.

Ended up tarping the boat for this year but plan to buy a shelter next spring / summer. Now is just the wrong time to setup for me and the one I want I would have to order.

Hope this helps.
Brian

Portable shelters

If anyone is interested in shelters from Shelter King, I am a dealer. I am willing to sell to anyone from the fish lake Winni web site at 10 % over cost plus shipping. They have a web site at Shelterking.com. Any questions feel free to call me at 387-5366.

Mark