Welcome Fish Lake Winni Angler's

Log On Today - Fish On Tomorrow!

(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
recipes

First post, have to say I really enjoy this web site. Great pictures and stories.
Does anyone have a favorite way to prepare venison. Looking for something new.

Re: recipes

take some chops, onm each one put 1 tbsp each of brown sugar, butter, ketchup and onion. Bake at 350 until done medium

Also, put in crock pot with Lipton onion soup mix, cream of muchroom, and the following spices to taste.
dry mustard
ground ginger
garlic powder
crushed red pepper.
cook on low until falling apart
later
Throbbin Rods

Re: Re: recipes

For Backstraps, (cut butterflied) or not use cast iron skillet med to med high heat butter fresh garlic pinch of salt and pepper and small bacon pieces cook to just a little over med. rare. and it will be moist and tender as can be, we also use this recipe with tenderloin (careful not to overcook) and Heart, but for liver just plain butter with onions/peppers and bacon Yummmmmmy good thing i got some friends up here that gave me some fresh meat and they gave me my personal favorite the liver YUMMMMMMMMYYYYYYY Take CAre God Bless and Hurry up and get here 4/1/07 LOL Dave From up North

Re: recipes

one of my favorites is to take the roast.inject it with a solid flavor injector.with some ground pork mixed with garlic cloves and apple bits.inject in several areas. then wrap roast in bacon strips.and place onions on top put in the oven.at 350.. till cookedthen put your favorite gravy on top.try an apple gravy taste great. JOE S.