Log On Today - Fish On Tomorrow!

(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: DownRiggers

I have Big Jon's and Fishlander. Both are excellent.

Salty

Re: Re: Re: DownRiggers

Rich,
did you get the 235 conquest (whaler). I looked at that boat last year and loved it, did you get it at shep browns?

ilucas

Re: Re: Re: Re: DownRiggers

Rich, I use two Cannon Mag 10's (electric) and one Big Jon electric and I love them both. I have a Cannon manual, but rarely use it. I would suggest spending the extra for the electric. Good luck! Doc

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: DownRiggers

Cannon is coming out with a new line of riggers in 2007 that are really fast and can handle up to a 20 lb ball plus they can be tied in to the new hummingbird fishfinders/GPS models.I'm not sure on the older models.I got a sneek preview of there new line and they are really nice.I just don't know when they are coming out with the 2007 brochures.But they are going to have one that you can put mono line on them instead of wire for a more stealth approach no more wire hum.all stainless steel spools and booms.I have no idea on prices yet but if I find out I will post.

Erin

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: DownRiggers

I've got two Canon Mag 10s and they are pretty good. If I had it to do again though I'd go with the Fishlanders as they are similar to the Big Jon's only you get a little more for the money or so says the Fishless one.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: DownRiggers

I have a lot of freinds that like big johns also I was just tring to give him another possibility that's all.I have cannons and never had an issue with them at all they are almost 20 years old.There is also the scottys that are very popular in the Lake Ontario area.very fast and from what I have heard have a very good customer service.I have notice that alot of the fishermen on this site use big john.So they must be good riggers if every one has them.I just can't justify buying new riggers if my old ones still work like brand new.As I always say what ever floats your boat!!!If it works for you go with it.

Erin

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: DownRiggers

I agree Erbyjoe....I love my Big Jon's !

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: DownRiggers

I have electric walkers. they work great and fast. but I think if I were to get new ones I would try the fishlanders only because of the lighted line counters.