Log On Today - Fish On Tomorrow!

(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Support the NH F&G Funding

The boat tax goes to the state if you send it in to the state, other wise it goes to the town where you register the boat.The boat fee goes to the state in all cases. The license fee goes to the state F&G.

Re: Re: Re: Support the NH F&G Funding

Here in mass the people that sell license get a very small fee to sell them.The same thing in maine other than that I belive it goes to the state F&G any ways.As far as boat reg.you have to go right to the state to pay the bill.Just like what has been said before.

Erin

Re: Re: Re: Re: Support the NH F&G Funding

I'm not sure exactly what is meant by "the State sucks it up"? I'm pretty sure F&G gets 100% of the money from license sales, and the State doesn't get a penny of it. New Hampshire is also the only State in the US that is 100% self funded through license sales. The problem lies with the amount of work F&G does...besides enforcing hunting and fishing laws, they are also the authority on Search and Rescue missions, (with help from local volunteer groups). For example, rock climbers, hikers, lost kids, winter mountaineers', etc. are all rescued by Fish and Game, but the hunters' and fisherman are paying for that. They also protect and conserve land, enforce snowmobile laws, maintain trails, boat launches, fish hatcheries, I could go on and on. My opinion is that the State should fund the search and rescue aspect, and perhaps fund the local search and rescue groups, and the State could certainly help with the land and wildlife conservation.

On the issue of boat registrations. If you mail it to Concord your money goes into the General Fund (and you're not seeing any of that money helping the sportsman). If you pay in your town, the town gets the money, but I don't see how that helps either? Sure, if you live in a town that has a nice, popular lake with public access, some of that money might help maintain the launch or related lake issues, but if you live in a town where there is no lake, or public boat launch, or boating related issues, where's your $$ going?

Someone from Fish and Game must read this site, how about hopping on and posting some thoughts or suggestions?

If anything I said is incorrect, please let me know, I love constructive criticism, for it makes you more wise.

Happy Holidays FLW'ers.