(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Future King Salmon fishermen

Hey Erin,
I use an AbuGarcia Ambassadeur C4 The big one 6601C4.
The gear ratio is 6.3:1. I do not use the 18# however. I use th 15# non-lead. I started using that line when the lead weights started getting banned. I just figuerd the leadcore line was next so why not learn how it works now... anyway back to the original question. This reel will hold all ten colors with I don't know how much 20# braided backing, but barely. I love using this in the spring when I only let out 3-5 colors. I usually catch more off my lead rig than my riggers early. However, as the depths get deeper and the more colors go out the high gear ration does not seem to want to pull in all that weight. 7-8 colors just becomes a chore to reel in to change lures or go home. It still handles the fish just fine but I think I want to pursue a reel with a 5. something gear ratio.
Link

Re: Re: Future King Salmon fishermen

I didn't know we had a choice of gear, I just kept casted and got 156 lbs, don't even know what I caugh them on, that sreaming drag sure sounded good.

John S.

Re: Re: Re: Future King Salmon fishermen

Just went fishing again, 19 fish, 154 pounds, no Kings (got two last time), allot of action, just picked up the rod and casted, have no clue what I was using, better off not knowing what your doing I guess, nothing's changed.

John S.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Future King Salmon fishermen

John,

they have kings in that river over 80 lbs. maybe we should have a derby and see who catches the biggest one, at least i might have a chance in this one. lol

ilucas

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Future King Salmon fishermen

Sure why not.

John S.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

John,

they have kings in that river over 80 lbs. maybe we should have a derby and see who catches the biggest one, at least i might have a chance in this one. lol

ilucas

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Future King Salmon fishermen

8 fish, 2 Kings, biggest 61 pounds total 202 pounds.
Have no clue what I was using ?

John S.

Replying to:

Sure why not.

John S.

Replying to:

John,

ilucas

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Future King Salmon fishermen

Ok I'm lost Amigo???????? Where the hell are ya fishing?????? And why haven't ya invited me down LMAO Take Care God Bless and Hurry up 4/1/07 Squam still has an 8# with my name on it LOL -- LOL Dave From up North

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Future King Salmon fishermen

Should we tell him ???????????????????

John S.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Future King Salmon fishermen

Yeah go ahead and tell the poor guy to copy and paste and hit go!!!

Charlies charters

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Future King Salmon fishermen

kenai river report,

3 kings
2 steelheads
3 sockeye

best fish, 89# king
best lure blue jig head

ilucas

OK, here it is,

Cut and paste this web site.

http://www.peninsulaclarion.com/kenairiverrun/kenairiverrun.html

John S.

Replying to:

Ok I'm lost Amigo???????? Where the hell are ya fishing?????? And why haven't ya invited me down LMAO Take Care God Bless and Hurry up 4/1/07 Squam still has an 8# with my name on it LOL -- LOL Dave From up North

Well did you go fishing yet, lot's of nice Kings.

John S.

Replying to:

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Future King Salmon fishermen

385pounds biggest was a 85lb king Kind of fun breaks the monotniy at school LMAO Take Care God Bless and Hurry up 4/1/07 LOL Dave From up North

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Future King Salmon fishermen

It looks like Lake Ontario should watch out.you guys are eating salmon tonight(LOL)Fish ON!!!!

Erin

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Future King Salmon fishermen

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Future King Salmon fishermen

How'd you get the copy of your results ?? I wanted to do that but couldn't figure it out, no surprise.

Good job, tough one to beat.

John S.

Replying to: