Log On Today - Fish On Tomorrow!

(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: A REMINDER link for eric h

Thanks for making that clear Eric, I'll wait til my Social Security check comes in and take the test, in case I flunk it 3 or 4 times, LOL.

Seriuosly, good idea to take it before the deadline and get it over with.

John S.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

And White Cap -- thanks for reminding us! Obviously doing the internet / on line exam is more convenient than a proctored exam...Eric

John S. and anyone else: you were right about the "age" issue. For me (42) the requirement kicked in this year. For anyone born on or after 1957 (but before 1963) it kicks in in 2007 and for everyone else its 2008. The big thing about the 1/1/07 deadline is regardless of whether you're required to have it in 2007 you won't be able to do the on line test...

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Point to consider

My two cents...take the course in your state of residence from your own Enviroment Police Force. Usually it is free. I took mine (with the whole family)in Massachusetts and it was several nights over the span of a few weeks. It covers me in the other states I boat in. If you take the the NH online course it will cover you for NH waters only and not other states. The EPO that taught my class said Mass. is only a few years from enacting the same license requirement as NH and will they will begin charging for it as well. I believe there is a link to it on the Mass fish and game website.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Point to consider

Good point Proline.

Its just too bad that "NASBLA" is too much like the acronym for "NAMBLA" ("north american man boy love association"). LOL. When I was a kid, after reading about those wackos in the paper, I would answer the phone with it..."north american man boy love association"...it drove my parents nuts but often resulted in a lot of laughter on both ends of the phone!

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Point to consider

Proline
When we took the course in New Hampshire, they told us that the internet course was accepted by NH only. After taking the course in a classroom you were go for everywhere, at least that is what they told us.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Point to consider

That's what I mean if not clear, the NH or other state classroom class covers you everywhere, the NH online course is only good for NH waters. Sorry if I wasn't clear.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Point to consider

THANKS FOR ALL THE INFO GUYS.IT LOOKS LIKE I'M IN FOR A BOATING CORSE THIS WINTER.LIKE HAS BEEN SAID I WOULD RATHER HAS A CERT.FROM MY OWN STATE(MASS)THAT WAY I CAN USE IT ANY WHERE.FROM MAINE TO NEW YORK PLUS CHEAPER INSURANCE.

ERIN