Log On Today - Fish On Tomorrow!

(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: John S., Gus: Simrad Autopilot installation issues

Used the original cable; there is one bolt and nut on the helm near the cable entrance that secures the cable sleeve, remove it and turn the wheel and the cable comes out, pushing the helm away from the cable sleeve. The helm has to be removed from the console to accomplish the removal. It is easy; the hard part is access to get it done a third hand would come in handy.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: John S., Gus: Simrad Autopilot installation issues

Gus, access I have, its pretty much wide open "inside" my console, but I don't have a third hand. I may need to grow one.

Thanks for all your great input. I am going to make the leap and buy the AP14R. I'm thinking the 14R display (vs. none of 12R) will help with calibration and learning the ropes. I would love to check out your installation if you are close by and don't mind when I come up to "the gathering." Looking forward to meeting you and some of the others on the board...I'm going stir crazy and its only December!

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: John S., Gus: Simrad Autopilot installation issues

I’m from southern NH, Hudson, your welcome to take a look at my installation when you come up for the Gathering, just E-mail me.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: John S., Gus: Simrad Autopilot installation issues

Sounds great Gus, thanks. Hey, in southern NH at least you're close to Winni! I just got approval from my "minister of free time" (my wife) to get the AP14R. This is going to increase my enjoyment big time when fishing alone. I also just ordered a Fishlander planer mast. Next is a couple of Big J. otter boats and I'm ready for the spring.

Eric