Welcome Fish Lake Winni Angler's

Log On Today - Fish On Tomorrow!

(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: A happy ending in sight for a most thankfull grandad!!

John
That is great news! My wife worked for the shriners for about 10 years and we got to go to the Springfield Mass Childrens Hospital a couple times with the kids from the local Shrine Game. It was heart-rending to see all of those little kids with such awful medical issues. It is an awesome facility and the folks there are doing a great job. Remember that Shriners are not just guys in funny hats; They are all about children.
John, give that granddaughter a great big hug for me, would you?
Merry Christmas to all
TR

Re: Re: A happy ending in sight for a most thankfull grandad!!

Thanks Bill, not to drag it out much more, but a friend of mine sent me a facts and figure sheet on the Shriners. I guess they do allot more good in the world for children than I reported. Read on.

John, great to hear such positive remarks and praises for the Shriners Hospitals. The Shriners are a great orginization that get a lot of bad publicity from some of their antics, hard to believe. They are a part of the large Masonic orginization which world wide contributes over 2 million dollars a day to worthy causes such as the childrens hospitals. As you said these hospitals are totally free to the patients and families
There are;
18 orthopaedic Shiners Hospitals.
3 Spinal Cord Injury Rehabilitation Units for children
4 Shriners burn hospitals
Some of thes are in south America and other countries, but the burn hopsitals arr all in the US.

Facts
In 2005, Shriners Hospitals approved 37,755 new patient applications, attended to the needs of 123,385 patients and provided the following free of charge:

•228,261 radiology procedures
•305,455 outpatient, outreach and telemedicine visits
•67,735 orthotic and prosthetic devices applied
•24,627 surgical procedures
•227,857 occupational therapy treatments

Figures
Shriners Hospitals' total budget for 2006 is $649 million, of which $616 million is targeted for operating expenses (including $33 million for
research) and $33 million for buildings and equipment expenditures.

During the 84-year history of the Shriners Hospitals, approximately $7.6 billion has been spent to operate Shriners Hospitals, and over $1.73 billion has been spent on construction and renovation.

Next time you see a shriner out there selling candy bars or taking donantions, you know what its all about.

Mike

So like you said Bill, they are far more than just a bunch of guys in funny hats, nuf said.

I truly hope everyone has a Happy Christmas,

John S.

There are very few organizations that I donate to. The Shriners are of one of them for the reasons you just wrote about.

I'm glad to see that there is a happy ending for your granddaughter.

Jay.

glad things are working out for the better. my cousin was burned by an iron when young and its not pretty, it was real rough on her parents at the time

WOW, strangely enough my son Richard put a hot iron on his hand when he was little (about 40 years ago) my wife went to answer the door, same room but her back was to him, he climbed up on the chair, well you know the rest.. Like you said not very pretty, still not in his case, skin grafts and all, they didn't have the wonderous technology back then that they do now. I don't think we even knew the Shriners existed back then.

We can never be too careful when it comes to children.

John S.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

glad things are working out for the better. my cousin was burned by an iron when young and its not pretty, it was real rough on her parents at the time

Re: Re: Re: A happy ending in sight for a most thankfull grandad!!

Great news John, the best Christmas present going. Doc

Great to hear John....THings like this just have to make you smile..Merry Christmas.

Great news John, Merry Christmas!

Re: Re: Re: A happy ending in sight for a most thankfull grandad!!

Great News John!!Here's wishing you and the rest of your Family a Merry Christmas!!