Log On Today - Fish On Tomorrow!

(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: on board rod storage

I use holders by Dubro both on the boat and in my garage, I think I have 11 or 12 on one track for the boat. You can buy standard sets of 4, 6 or more and extra loops to slide in the channels for more rods. They can be used as overhead or mounted on a wall, mine are all mounted overhead.

Check em out. I think Dubro has thier own web site but I lost it when I lost my hard drive, still not fixed, I'll look for it..

http://www.shopatron.com/index/101.2.571.571.0.0.0

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

hope everyone had a Merry Christmas.

My mind has now turned to fishing 100% and that brings me back to one of my dilemas from last year.

I would like to be able to leave most of the rods on board instead of taking them off after each day of fishing. the reason i take them out is that the family loves to go out on the weekends normal hours swimming and cruising around(my wife says its not just a fishing boat).

this year i would like to store the rods over head on the underside of the hard top. just wondering about any products or personal imaginative
riggings that some have seen or come up with. need to put up 8-12 rods.

thanks in advance, i know alot of you guys are pretty clever and all sugestions are welcome.

ilucas

Re: on board rod storage

Go here for Dubro rod storage, they have lots of other meat stuff too.

http://www.shopatron.com/index/101.2.571.571.0.0.0

John S.

Re: on board rod storage try this link lucas

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/pod/horizontal-pod.jsp?id=0001429&navCount=1&parentId=cat600037&masterpathid=&navAction=push&cmCat=MainCatcat20166-cat600037&parentType=index&indexId=cat600037&rid=

These are the same ones John is talking about. For some reason I cannot get the link to work so try this one if you mabie it will come up.

Charlie

Re: Re: on board rod storage try this link lucas

I love em Charlie, only problem is you have to buy more rods to fill every slot, I have them on the boat, at the camp and in my garage at home.

The ones at home are the best thing I ever did, keeps all my rods and reels up and out of harms way, wish I was a little taller however.

John S.

Replying to:

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/pod/horizontal-pod.jsp?id=0001429&navCount=1&parentId=cat600037&masterpathid=&navAction=push&cmCat=MainCatcat20166-cat600037&parentType=index&indexId=cat600037&rid=

These are the same ones John is talking about. For some reason I cannot get the link to work so try this one if you mabie it will come up.

Charlie

Re: Re: Re: on board rod storage try this link lucas

Yes it is a nice product plus I have seen some mounted in cuddy cabins before. The only prolem is you need to break your rods down in a tight area.

Charlie

Re: Re: Re: Re: on board rod storage try this link lucas

thanks John and Charlie,

looks good, they have a good pic of it on the underside of a hard top. I will wait to see if there are any other suggestions to follow from the guys, if not then that looks like it is worth a try.

ilucas

ps
i got your e mail link John, thanks. do you have that secured to your top frame directly into the frame or is it mounted on plywood w/ the plywood mounted to the frame ?

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: on board rod storage try this link lucas

Well my boat does not lend itself to an ideal set up, I have a bimini top (soft) so I use heavy duty tie wraps and secure them to the frame work (fore and aft) of the Bimini. With a hard top they should be perfect, that's where I first saw them on a charter boat in Florida Sail Fishing.

As soon as I got off the boat I went and bought some at West Marine down there, when I got home I wanted more so I contacted the company direct. Bought several more sets over the next few years, they are super. Get the Gold anodized sliders bracket. I tell you it's impressive to see all those rods so neatly hanging on the boat or my garage cieling. You'll like em, trust me.

There maybe other nice set ups out there but I've had mine 3 or 4 years and if I found something better, I'd have them and mine would be in the trash. I'm kind of wastefull like that my wifes reminds me of now and then..

This is an off year for me as far as buying new stuff, not much on my wish list, yet. A few things need replacing and re-stocking but not a hell of allot
. Last year I bought stuff all winter, UPS had a regular once or twice a week stop here, LOL.

Seems like Charlie likes that rod storage system too.

John S

Replying to:

thanks John and Charlie,

looks good, they have a good pic of it on the underside of a hard top. I will wait to see if there are any other suggestions to follow from the guys, if not then that looks like it is worth a try.

ilucas

ps
i got your e mail link John, thanks. do you have that secured to your top frame directly into the frame or is it mounted on plywood w/ the plywood mounted to the frame ?

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: on board rod storage try this link lucas

sounds good John, i think that i will give it a shot. it is going to be great to leave those rods onboard.

ilucas