Welcome Fish Lake Winni Angler's

Log On Today - Fish On Tomorrow!

(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Video on the New Navionics HotMaps Platinum

Don't know what northeastern lakes will be included in hi-def but the new 3D views look pretty cool. Hopefully Navionics will update the lake listing on its website soon. And too bad it only works on Raymarine and new upcoming Lowrance and Humminbird units.

Re: Video on the New Navionics HotMaps Platinum

1-Word WOW!!

Charlie

Re: Re: Video on the New Navionics HotMaps Platinum

Good job Lucky Devil

not 100% sure but i think the actual demo he is doing is Paugus bay. I may be going to Portsmouth today and if I do there is a retailer there that i will stop in at and try to get some additional info.

ilucas

I didn't see anything in the message box but a little red x.
What do I have to do to see what you guys saw?
Cal

Re: Re: Video on the New Navionics HotMaps Platinum

Cal: you may have to change your security setting in Explorer -- go to Tools then click on the "Security" tab and drag the toggle down to "medium." This should allow the video to show up...Eric

Re: Re: Re: Video on the New Navionics HotMaps Platinum

Maybe Salty can come over and help you out, LOL.

John S.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

Cal: you may have to change your security setting in Explorer -- go to Tools then click on the "Security" tab and drag the toggle down to "medium." This should allow the video to show up...Eric

Re: Re: Re: Re: Video on the New Navionics HotMaps Platinum

I went and checked the platmun chip out in Portsmouth today. it can only be used in the raymarine e series. it will not even work in the c series at all (so I was told). it is a different format and the processor is to slow.

the E-80 display is 2600.00, after that you would need the sounder, transducer and gps module for a grand total of about $3800.00.

i have the raymarine c-80. he told me that i could install the e-80 using my existing sounder, transducer and gps, just swap the displays-easy enough right? so my next ? to him was would he take a trade in? no luck.

ilucas

Re: Re: Re: Re: Video on the New Navionics HotMaps Platinum

Good one John. LMAO.
Cal

Replying to:

Maybe Salty can come over and help you out, LOL.

John S.

Replying to:

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Video on the New Navionics HotMaps Platinum

White Cap,

Mine was a little x too.

John S.

Re: Re: Re: Video on the New Navionics HotMaps Platinum

Thanks Eric. That did it.
Cal

Replying to:

Right now it seems that everything is going to 3D. The platinum is the 3D version that is only available for the ocean and great lakes types bodies of water. I purchased an E120 system a month ago. Winni is only available in a high def chart for now. Once they have it in a high def they can make it 3D according to the factory. That is why a got the E120 so that I would not get outdated in a year.