Welcome Fish Lake Winni Angler's

Log On Today - Fish On Tomorrow!

(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
fishing report

We got to the lake at about 7:00 am. We found the water temp at about 49 deg. near Varney point. We set up the boards and had a range of 20 feet to two feet. The temp went up the further north we went. Found the warmest water at 56.5 deg. by Long Island. Fished until 2:30 with a total of seven in the boat and two long/short distance releases. Several good bumps that released the boards or took the lines and then nothing there. With the overcast sky they seamed to like the color pink! The longest fish was a 20 inch male still with a nice hook to his jaw, he was at three feet, the best fight was a nice 19 inch fat female on two and half colors off the boards. I was suprised that there weren't more more boats out. It sounded as though others were doing as good or better on channel 12. Nice to be out there with room to move around. I'm sure it will be alot more crowded next weekend. Good luck to everyone in the derby! Happy Mothers day!

Re: fishing report

Strange, I thought there were more boats than normal, I figured Mothers day got everyone out. It was crowded were we started out by 3 mile.

Sounds like you had a very good day, thanks for a good report.

Big John