Welcome Fish Lake Winni Angler's

Log On Today - Fish On Tomorrow!

(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Trolling sock

Just my 2cents worth but most boats that size come with a 19 pitch 3 blade prop. One turn of the prop pushes the boat forward 19 inches, and at full speed you are pushing about 4600 RPMS, about 40 knots. This was my problem too, so I went with a smaller 4 blade prop at 14 pitch and cruse at 4000 rpms at 30 knots. At 700 to 750 rpms I am going at 2.5 knots so I put out 1 sea anchor or sock to fit the size of my boat, 8ft nylon line, 1 good size brass snap swivel from the center cleat on the back of the boat and now I am at 1.5 knots.Now I can speed up to 800 rpm to keep the battery charging and have had no problems now for 12 years.If you want to slow down to 1.5 than you can. If you want to go water tubing
or what ever just put the 3 blade prop back on for the day.The 4 blade prop does come on plane alot better, and faster. 4 blade alum about 100 dollars.
Good sock about 65 dollars.Good brass swivel 5 dollars 8 ft nylon rope cheep.

Ernie.

Re: Trolling sock

That is what I do. I have a 3 blade 19 pitch and use an 18" sock. I put it right behind the prop back about 2 feet and rope it off making a v up to the two rear cleats. SS swivel where it meets the sock so it does not twist. Works great for me. Still want a kicker some day though.

-Brian