(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Curse of the Bananas

Tankdriver
OK, I have to admit I wasn't sure about the whole Banana curse thing being legit or not. However, after spending a whole day (from 0430 to 1600 hrs, 8 May) trolling Winni with just 2 shorts and a stinkin' bass to show for it. What does my buddy Jonesy pull out of his lunch bucket .. . .yup, not one, but TWO #&*!! Bananas!!!!
Now, I'm a believer in the curse. First time all year, mind you, that I didn't get at least one nice keeper. That's what I get for failing to shake down the "guests" before they come aboard Da Tank. I really expected more from Jonesy being he's a brother Vietnam Vet, and an ex-special forces aidman ta boot. (Then again, I should have been more warry of him, as last season while salmon fishing he actually complained about being "COLD". I told him it wasn't really that cold and to just to keep shoveling the snow out of the back of Da Tank as that would keep him warm. & to think that I used to think those airborne types were so tough!)
So while dressing him down as we were fleeing from the thunderstorms that afternoon Jonesy tells me not to worry, Bananas are well know to repell lightning (& apparently Fish too)!

All the best,

Gary

Gary

Do you keep your boat at pauls house on loudon ridge Rd?? AJ told me he calls you tank driver because it looks like a tank.

C.C.

C C,
Yes, I do keep her up @ paul's during salmon season (when she's not on the lake.) It's a big help as it saves me hauling her all the way from Hudson every trip. & Yes, AJ calls her Da Tank thus my email handle, "Tankdriver".

All the best,

Gary

I live across the srteet from paul in the rust colored cape. Paul has a great piece of property over there!!!

C.C.

CC
I'm headed up to Winni tommorrow AM. If you look out your window @ 6 AM you'll see Da Tank on da move!

All the best,

Gary

Gary
You have to give your buddy a little leeway on the bananas, with all he and yourself have done for our country. I am still scratching my head about a special forces guy being "cold", but Vietnam was a few years ago. I am a believer in the curse. Last year Salty and I were fishing with another guy quite a while, with unexplicable negative results. Finally in dispair, I asked if anyone had a banana? Sure enough, there was one on board. Salty did an emergency exorcism! I don't know anyone who can do an exorcism like Salty. Oh yeah, the exorcism included Salty sodomising a salmon with the banana. We immediately started catching fish. You should be aware that the curse often times persists! If that is your case, I strongly reccomend that you contact SALTY! Many thanks again for your service in Vietnam.
Richard

Fishrod
Gary
You have to give your buddy a little leeway on the bananas, with all he and yourself have done for our country. I am still scratching my head about a special forces guy being "cold", but Vietnam was a few years ago. I am a believer in the curse. Last year Salty and I were fishing with another guy quite a while, with unexplicable negative results. Finally in dispair, I asked if anyone had a banana? Sure enough, there was one on board. Salty did an emergency exorcism! I don't know anyone who can do an exorcism like Salty. Oh yeah, the exorcism included Salty sodomising a salmon with the banana. We immediately started catching fish. You should be aware that the curse often times persists! If that is your case, I strongly reccomend that you contact SALTY! Many thanks again for your service in Vietnam.
Richard

We do a strict Banana sweep of all the crew everyday. Good news is I don't allow any healthy food on the boat at anytime ;-)