Log On Today - Fish On Tomorrow!

(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Where to fish next week

Sunapee, Merrymeeting, Winnisquam, Big and Little Squam, Newfound all have decent fisheries and all are within an hour of Concord.

Lets see all the above have state launches with parking except for Sunapee and Merrymeeting. If you want to go to Sunapee you can put in at Sunapee Harbor and they have designated parking about a quarter mile away. I think there is signs. Follow the river over to the dam and the parking is right across from there. Good luck and have fun!

Merrymeeting has a launch adjacent to the dam. You can park right there too.

Both places have limited parking but I wouldn't think you will have any issues this time of year on a weekday.

Hope those riggers are working out ok for you!

Re: Where to fish next week

xp600
Next week I'm on forced vacation (company wide shutdown), and I plan on doing plenty of fishing.

Seeing that the derby is this weekend, I'm figuring the fish in Winni will have seen it all by Sunday afternoon and will not be impressed by my rookie presentations on Monday.

So what are some other lakes to try for salmon, rainbows, lakers within an hour of Concord, NH? I have a 16' starcraft with a couple down riggers and a lead core setup.

I'm comfortable with getting to Winni, parking, launching, where to fish etc but wouldn't mind checking out some other places if I'm not wasting my time.

Thanks!

Try Squam, everyone (well allmost everyone) has been getting shut out on Salmon but some huge Bows have been caught past 3 or 4 weeks.

The Salmon should start to bite soon (overdue) they better start soon as I'm bringing my boat back Sunday. Tom O from Michigan is coming in on Sunday because yours truly said they would be hitting good last week in May.

Be carefull the bottom comes up very quick, all over the Lake, if you are not on your toes every minute, the bottom will get ya.

Big John