Welcome Fish Lake Winni Angler's

Log On Today - Fish On Tomorrow!

(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Wed. Report/Story

Went out with Fishrod. We had a decent day. We caught a few good fish 19"or so and a lot of 12"- 14" 2 year olds. All of them were caught off the boards,2-3 colors.

While we were fishing I got a hit.So I start reeling the fish in and as I'm starting to reel it in and get to my lead the KNOT on my lead let go!
I lost the fish, 3 colors of lead, mono and my favorite DB.
I couldnt believe it! Right after that I was telling Richard about how I streched out all my set up's this spring just to check all my knots. My other rod goes off.... Fish on!
I"m reeling the fish in and when I get to my leader I can see the hook [a Siwash]
is clustered with another line.
Richard grab's the other line and starts to pull it in and there's a fish still on it.... The fish I just LOST!!
I hand lined the rest of my lead in,I got my 3 colors of lead,my favorite DB and caught a 19" Salmon to boot!
Unbelievable!!
Thank's again Richard. Good luck at Champ.[and dont tell anyone about my knot]
Mark.

Re: Wed. Report/Story

Similar thing happen to me with a fly, fishing Champlain and the catching was hot and heavy, lost my fly to a fish that my buddy hooked 5 seconds later and gave me my fly back.
Do you use the Willis knot?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gus
Photobucket

Gus,
I think you posted the Willis knot once.If I'm right it looked to hard to tie.I use the Improved Clinch Knot.
I'm thinking of using a drop of Super glue on them.
What do you think of that?

The Willis Knot is easy to tie. I just read a tip to eliminate the end of the Dacron from fraying; after removing the lead, insert a large needle/safety pin and heat the Dacron to fuse the material thus eliminating the fraying.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gus
Photobucket

Mark was telling me he was going to be be called Slipknot II. Don't worry about Mark. He can fish with the best of them, and for the record, I know Craig can too.
Richard