Welcome Fish Lake Winni Angler's

Log On Today - Fish On Tomorrow!

(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Derby Weekend

Derby started off with lending our third deckhand to Fairchase Mike on Friday.I didn't know we were going to miss deepstreamer so much.I fished with fairchase Jerry friday and sunday and the 3 man crew on saterday.We caught 20 fish friday all quality fish all over 17 inches 3 over 20 nothing over 21 inches 17 were salmon.We had several clusters during the day losing many more quality fish one happened when we had a triple right as we netted one salmon 2 of those were suspended lakers.We only lost one of the triples,which was a huge salmon lost at the back of the boat after a good battle reaching for the second net as the first was already being used to net another fish.Oh well maybe next time.
The curse of polebreaker was in effect friday as somehow the net pole became 4 ft shorter????? I had nothing to do with it honest??? What happens on winni stays on winni...
Saterday was another good day producing 15 fish but not nearly as good qulity as friday with only about half of them in the 17-18 inch range.
Sunday was the typical derby sunday producing 4 fish not board worthy.
We used only smelt all weekend long.We saw and talked with many fishlakewinni members all weekend long and enjoyed all the chatter,can't wait till next year.See you on the water. polebreaker