Welcome Fish Lake Winni Angler's

Log On Today - Fish On Tomorrow!

(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Squam report

After a frustrating Derby, instead of another frustrating Derby day, we pulled "The Barge" Saturday and brought it back to Squam and put her back on her home dock. We had planned to bring her back on Sunday after the Derby anyhow.

With all the negative reports so far this year we were not sure what to expect. With high winds, rain, etc. most of the day we (Forry, Russ Johnson, myself) set out at 4:15 Sunday morning.

Another nervous anticipation was my new Digitrol IV downriggers which would allow me (we hoped) to fish areas, "no man has fished before", lol.

So we set out and fished all new areas we thought could hold Salmon, but were thought impossible to fish normally, they worked perfectly. Inspite of the hazardous areas we were fishing, we never had a problem and did catch fish.

In the catch were a few nice Bows close to and over 4 pounds )a few new stocked Bows and a couple nice Salmon, over all day was not much better than Winni as far as numbers, but we had a good time and quality was very good.

No lost gear this trip and we did catch a few fish, so overall it was a successful day.

Fish were from 3 colors to 24 feet, flys were best, Guide Specials and DB's were so so, Red, Purple, Orange best colors. Water temp was 57 degrees most of the area we fished.

Going back to our Thursday for 5 day Holiday weekend, nice being retired and have the wife still working. My wife and some of the family will be up Friday night, so I might put in a few long days fishing Thursday and Friday.

Give me a shout on 12 if your out fishing.

Big John

Re: Squam report

count me onboard friday am. thanks john