Log On Today - Fish On Tomorrow!

(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: wentworth rainbows

I have not fished there for several years but the only place I could ever get anything to happen was over in Fullers Deep.

I have never fished Wentworth but I would try trolling fast (3.5) and get some pink out. Give a Rangley lure and fly a try

How is the ramp at wentworth.Could you get a 17' boat in. I guess the ramp is at the state park. Fish and game says it has limited access. The rainbows have been very hard to come by this year.Ive tried every thing . Except going 3.5 Mph. Catch a few each time out but most are small. Guess fish and game put the larger bows in the larger lakes.

Wentworth gets very little pressure on the rainbows, as it is best known for its bass. Their is a good ramp is on Cresent Lake at Mast Landing in Wolfeboro Falls on Rte. 28. Then a short run through the channel to Wentworth. They can be caught all over the lake but always found the western side to be the best, between the islands and western shore. Lures and flies should be kept on the small size, with flourescanct orange lures being the best. Do not fish deeper than 30 feet as there is an oxygen deficency below that depth. Maps of the lake are available at the New Hampshire Boat Museum on Rte. 28.

Crawfish
Wentworth gets very little pressure on the rainbows, as it is best known for its bass. Their is a good ramp is on Cresent Lake at Mast Landing in Wolfeboro Falls on Rte. 28. Then a short run through the channel to Wentworth. They can be caught all over the lake but always found the western side to be the best, between the islands and western shore. Lures and flies should be kept on the small size, with flourescanct orange lures being the best. Do not fish deeper than 30 feet as there is an oxygen deficency below that depth. Maps of the lake are available at the New Hampshire Boat Museum on Rte. 28.

Great informitive post Crawfish, we need more of that stuff here and less ------, thanks for a great post...

As far as F and G putting the big Bows in the big lakes, I don't think so, in thier words in an e mail to me "Rainbow yearlings are on the big side" the ones we have seen in Squam are 13" to 14" (maybe a few 12") very healthy looking fish as usual. I think all the lakes get the same stocked fish.

Big John

Try 3 colors of lead, long leader, and an orange Mooselook Jr size, trolled about 3-3.5 mph.
my .02

Is the Cresent Lake ramp a public ramp. Or is it for residents only. Thanks for the info.

All good advice! We happened to fish Lake Wentworth, sunday, two boats and both caught several bows, some footballs too. Fast troll, flies in orange smelt patterns, lures in orange DB as well as smaller supper dupper. Fished the western side around Fullers deep as crawdad recommended.

The crescent lake ramp is public, good for all size boats but there is a low bridge in the channel with 8 ft clearance. Parking can get tight when the island summer crowd shows up so arrive early.State Park is for pay canoes only, this is NH and state parks are not for boaters. (sic) very under utilized lake for trout, plenty of bass and white perch, we had an excellent day

Thanks all again for the help.

thanks to all of you for all your help . as soon as this rain lets up we are going to hit them.