Log On Today - Fish On Tomorrow!

(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: I'm out of the club...

Fish'n... luckily I do have a lot of friends with boats. LOL.

Dave... thanks but it woulda been quite the ride to grab the boat for a trip to the lake. Laconia to Berlin and back to Laconia... LOL.

Electrician... thanks for the offer... Should be all set to be able to get a "fix" every now and then until I move and buy a new boat for myself.

Mike & ProLine... yeah, its pretty bad! I'm across the street from Winnisquam. The people across from me are selling their house, so they weren't going to float their boat this year. Well, they got complained about as well, so now they had to pay to have the boat summerized and put in the water. (It had been planned to leave it shrinkwrapped and in their driveway until they moved.) Worst part is that the woman at the city office told me the old lady complaining doesn't even live within two streets of me! Fricken nosy people. I get more mad about this every time I think about it. With the amount of taxes I pay here, I should be able to park a sherman tank in the yard if I wanted! The dumb thing is this... its okay for me to keep my work trailers here... which are uglier than any boat! Figure that one out. Ridiculous.

Slipknot
Fish'n... luckily I do have a lot of friends with boats. LOL.

Dave... thanks but it woulda been quite the ride to grab the boat for a trip to the lake. Laconia to Berlin and back to Laconia... LOL.

Electrician... thanks for the offer... Should be all set to be able to get a "fix" every now and then until I move and buy a new boat for myself.

Mike & ProLine... yeah, its pretty bad! I'm across the street from Winnisquam. The people across from me are selling their house, so they weren't going to float their boat this year. Well, they got complained about as well, so now they had to pay to have the boat summerized and put in the water. (It had been planned to leave it shrinkwrapped and in their driveway until they moved.) Worst part is that the woman at the city office told me the old lady complaining doesn't even live within two streets of me! Fricken nosy people. I get more mad about this every time I think about it. With the amount of taxes I pay here, I should be able to park a sherman tank in the yard if I wanted! The dumb thing is this... its okay for me to keep my work trailers here... which are uglier than any boat! Figure that one out. Ridiculous.

Does this mean that anyone that has a boat that is winterized and shrink wrapped must also store it somewhere else for the winter, for a fee of course.

Hi, Hey you have an open invite on my boat anytime , I will primarily be using my boat in the salt this year but boat is on a trailer and can go anywhere . Send me a pm sometime if you want to go .

fishinelectrician

That is ridiculous! Another situation of government sticking their nose in places they have no right. Good grief you have several lakes right in back yard and you can't store a boat. Can you imagine any Seaside community adopting that ordinance. This country is going down the toilet too quick for me.

Being an electrician in this ecoNOMONEY you'll be selling that boat soon too !! They can have the house before they get the boat...*smile*

ive had similar run ins with towns. one was with an unregistered vehicle i was fixing up, got some old fencing someone was tossing and just laid it around the truck. then they said i needed a permit for installing the fence that was just leaning against the truck. they dropped that after a while because it wasnt installed. another was a little shed i had put on the property without a permit, i had to put handles all around it to prove it was a movable object and not a perminent structure. now i would go tell that old woman off, maybe once a week all summer, maybe next summer too, just for fun and do it loud enough that the neighbors can enjoy it too because im betting shes not liked by her neighbors either.

What the heck ever happened to living the American Dream, Hate to say it but this country is going to he__ in a hay basket, pretty goshdarn sad when you can't even keep your own property (boat) on your own property, would've been me, I'd of said go ahead fine me and take me to court so I can have a trial in front of my peers, then I would have asked the entire fishlakewinni family you have to appear as matierial witnesses Fill the court room and show them the support. What a bunch of BullShi__ as far as i'm concerned, If i pay my property taxes I should be able to do whatever the heck I want to do with my property. You want to hear one that is probably just as funny as that????? Where I live in Berlin, I have an artisian well and septic system for my house, the local water works sends me a bill 4 times a year for a "Fire Protection Charge" Let's just say the bill is close to 400.00 as I have refused to pay it since I moved into my house. The nearest fire hydrant is 1.6 miles from my house, called the fire chief and asked "Do you by chance have 1.6 miles of fire hose?" Are you serious he says to me, Yes I am, Ahhhhh Not even close Mr. Roberts. Good Thank You for the information, proceeded to go to water works and tell them about my conversation with the chief, they told me "well the fire department has a 10,000 gallon tanker that they would use to fight a fire at your house in the event there was one. Only problem is they can't keep the tanker full and have to fill it before they leave. by the time they did this they would probably have enough water to save my foundation. You wanna take me to court GO AHEAD!!!!!!! now they send me dis-connect letters ROFLMAO Yeah I'd love to see them come dis connect my artisian well, Can you say HELLO DOUBLE BARRELL????? Bunch of idiots Stuff like this ****** me off to no ends. Sorry for rambling but I think this type of stuff is crap!!!!!! Take Care God Bless LOL Dave

It only takes one busybody with nothing else to do to screw up the works.
Your welcome to fish with me anytime.

Salty

Im a delivery driver. I deliver in Laconia quite a bit. They will be handing out a lot of fines I see boats in yards every wheres. I would have fought it.

looks like there is going to be a lot more of this type of bllsht in the future. The people that are legislating just don't get it, I only hope that anyone that is in office now local, state or national gets voted out. Send a message to the morons.
This hole country is upside down, you hear something more outragoues everyday

NH use to have common sense legislation. Now with the liberal lefts, not only here in NH, but especially in Wash., you're going to have to expect this kind of socialization. Individuals beware, the mass will rule!
Cal

carbon foot print this, go green that, global warming this, tax soda that, travel coach this, no guns that, don't keep score this, need to sacrifice that and on and on and on...... mean while they smoke thier cigarretes in the white house, fly all over the world, live high off the hog, get caught with thier hand in the cookie jar, all these liberal do gooders have no shame...bunch of hypocrite's. And they are running the country!!!! It is scary to think where we are headed. Can't believe that the girly men have taken over this great country!!!!

Hey Slipknot,

"Da Tank" is on the Big lake from ice out till the derby everyear. U are more than welcome on board. Personally, I'd park my trailer (full of junk) at the curb permanantly. I hate this B.S. big time.
& as far as I know there's no law against passing her home everyday (or night) and "sounding" your horn. If stopped by the law, say there was a squirrel (or a raccoon) in the road. But, hey, that's just me.

All the Best,

Gary
aka Tankdriver

I can think of alot worse than that to do LMAO Don't get me started LMAO Take Care God Bless LOL Dave

Craig
I would be honored to have you aboard the Throbbin Rods - that is if I ever get a chance to fish with it lol. I will give you a yell next time I go.
bill
PS - I think we should terrorize your neighbor and pee on her ancestors' graves while chanting fishing songs

I say we have a big outdoor BBQ/keg party, put tents up all over the yard so none of us drink and drive and cook nothing but fish on the grill, then put all the bones and leftovers on her front lawn. I got a tent and BBQ grill When's the party????????? ROFLMAO Take Care God Bless LOL Dave

They call that town part of the lakes region? What knucklehead or heads came up with that ordinance? With Gilfor now keeping fisherman off "their" part of the lake (glendal and Ames farms launches" the whole this stinks. Where are the marinas in these fights?

Tom Croteau
They call that town part of the lakes region? What knucklehead or heads came up with that ordinance? With Gilfor now keeping fisherman off "their" part of the lake (glendal and Ames farms launches" the whole this stinks. Where are the marinas in these fights?

Sitting back raking in the "Dough Re Me" with launch fees, dock fees and now with boat storage for Laconia residents.

Hard to believe a rule like that in a lakeshore community, the power of the pen perhaps, or jealuosy..

Big John

Has anyone thought to sponsor an ordinace to repeal this flipping mass of stupidity? I know that Paugus bay was once in MA but last time I checked it isn't anymore....although you wouldn't know it by this ridiculous law.Wow....that is all I have left to say....wow.

Link
Has anyone thought to sponsor an ordinace to repeal this flipping mass of stupidity? I know that Paugus bay was once in MA but last time I checked it isn't anymore....although you wouldn't know it by this ridiculous law.Wow....that is all I have left to say....wow.

I don't understand your post Link, can you explain it ???

John

John,
I am not exactly sure how laws come to pass in Laconia. In the town I live in a potential law is sponsored by someone who would like to have a new law introduced. A certain number of signatures, from residents of my town, are needed in order to present the new law to the selectmen and then the town votes on it at the town meetings. Again, I am not sure how the Goverment of Laconia is structured, but what I was wondering is what would happen if the boat owners banded together got the sgnatures they need and had a new vote to repeal the law currently in place which mandates that you cannot park a boat within view of the road.

If you are asking about the Paugus Bay comment. That has to do with Endicott Rock at The Weirs. The original bay charter for Massachsetts Bay Colony set the northern boundary at 3 miles north of the merrimack river. On August 1st, 1652 A Mass Bay colony expiditon, that followed the Merrimack River and apparently took a wrong turn because they ended up following the winnipesaukee river, came to what they believed to be the headwaters of the Merrimack river. On that Day August 1st, 1652 the members of that expedition inscribed the name of John Endicott, who was the governor of the Mass Bay Colony. They also inscribed the date and their initials.
This created an argument between the people of NH and The Mass Bay Colony and in 1740 a decision was made in a English court to set the Mass Bay Colony boundary to the three miles north of the actual merrimack river ad somewhere west od Dracut Falls.

This is what happens when you read too much history. You could also go by my father's story when I asked him why Mass let NH have Paugus Bay. He replied, "Some Da**ed liberal gave it back to them."