(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: I'm out of the club...

Craig
I would be honored to have you aboard the Throbbin Rods - that is if I ever get a chance to fish with it lol. I will give you a yell next time I go.
bill
PS - I think we should terrorize your neighbor and pee on her ancestors' graves while chanting fishing songs

I say we have a big outdoor BBQ/keg party, put tents up all over the yard so none of us drink and drive and cook nothing but fish on the grill, then put all the bones and leftovers on her front lawn. I got a tent and BBQ grill When's the party????????? ROFLMAO Take Care God Bless LOL Dave

They call that town part of the lakes region? What knucklehead or heads came up with that ordinance? With Gilfor now keeping fisherman off "their" part of the lake (glendal and Ames farms launches" the whole this stinks. Where are the marinas in these fights?

Tom Croteau
They call that town part of the lakes region? What knucklehead or heads came up with that ordinance? With Gilfor now keeping fisherman off "their" part of the lake (glendal and Ames farms launches" the whole this stinks. Where are the marinas in these fights?

Sitting back raking in the "Dough Re Me" with launch fees, dock fees and now with boat storage for Laconia residents.

Hard to believe a rule like that in a lakeshore community, the power of the pen perhaps, or jealuosy..

Big John

Has anyone thought to sponsor an ordinace to repeal this flipping mass of stupidity? I know that Paugus bay was once in MA but last time I checked it isn't anymore....although you wouldn't know it by this ridiculous law.Wow....that is all I have left to say....wow.

Link
Has anyone thought to sponsor an ordinace to repeal this flipping mass of stupidity? I know that Paugus bay was once in MA but last time I checked it isn't anymore....although you wouldn't know it by this ridiculous law.Wow....that is all I have left to say....wow.

I don't understand your post Link, can you explain it ???

John

John,
I am not exactly sure how laws come to pass in Laconia. In the town I live in a potential law is sponsored by someone who would like to have a new law introduced. A certain number of signatures, from residents of my town, are needed in order to present the new law to the selectmen and then the town votes on it at the town meetings. Again, I am not sure how the Goverment of Laconia is structured, but what I was wondering is what would happen if the boat owners banded together got the sgnatures they need and had a new vote to repeal the law currently in place which mandates that you cannot park a boat within view of the road.

If you are asking about the Paugus Bay comment. That has to do with Endicott Rock at The Weirs. The original bay charter for Massachsetts Bay Colony set the northern boundary at 3 miles north of the merrimack river. On August 1st, 1652 A Mass Bay colony expiditon, that followed the Merrimack River and apparently took a wrong turn because they ended up following the winnipesaukee river, came to what they believed to be the headwaters of the Merrimack river. On that Day August 1st, 1652 the members of that expedition inscribed the name of John Endicott, who was the governor of the Mass Bay Colony. They also inscribed the date and their initials.
This created an argument between the people of NH and The Mass Bay Colony and in 1740 a decision was made in a English court to set the Mass Bay Colony boundary to the three miles north of the actual merrimack river ad somewhere west od Dracut Falls.

This is what happens when you read too much history. You could also go by my father's story when I asked him why Mass let NH have Paugus Bay. He replied, "Some Da**ed liberal gave it back to them."