(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: UFO's

who is flodo?
It's embarassing to misspell one's own name.

anyway, back to john's question. what the heck is that stuff ??

floydo

watch out flodo might stick --

my guess for the contest would be suspended/sinking pollen , the same reason the bite has remained off .

Don't know about the stuff in the sonar....but Big John sure does have lots of SKULL and CROSS BONES on his screen.....That must be where he has his lead deposited>>>>>HO, HO, HO.

Roger-

What we saw was some what different, but I didn't take a picture, although it was still there last night.
It almost looked like bait fish that had cone up, but very much seperated.
It was at the same debth of from 17 to 22 feet. Almost uniform nomatter where you fished. Spoke to another fisherman and he saw the same thing.

Louis

flodo
john sampson reports underwater funny objects on squam.

Per John:

Strange stuff on sonar, note time of day, early afternoon, it was on the screen all over the lake, all day Saturday and Sunday at least.. One suggestion was maybe Oxygen from all the rain, there was no debris to speak of and no hatch that we could notice. We dragged some flies through this stuff, nothing ?????? Any ideas.

ok. i'm a bit rusty at posting images but here goes

Thanks Floydo, good job, I thought you were going to put up the fish too, no matter, it's OK if you have the time.

I talked to John Viar, he had this to say but he also was not 100% certain, but I'd take his lead anytime.

John Viar said:
I saw the same thing (gee that fish finder looks familiar LOL); can't say for sure, but it is probably phytoplankton and zooplankton blooms with all the rain and nutrients pouring in, especially since it is the top warmer section of the water column, right above where the thermocline is starting to form (this is why smelt, at night, come right into and towards the top of the thermocline to feed, because most groceries are here while still having suitable temps)

I got kind of the same thing on a different lake. But it was spread out.Thick in some areas not so thick in others. And in a few places it went completely to the bottom.Im thinking bait fish.But even the ones going down to the bottom. Were weird shapes like thin colums of smoke.