(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: LCI DERBY on the YOAdrien

Great job guys!! Congrats!
I took 5th & 7th for Brown trout at the LCI back in 84. But they were'nt that fat, nice fish. W-Fat

Hey warden, did they have a seperate catergory for browns back then??

now they just lump browns salmon and bows in together, imagine what that thing would weigh at 22 or 23 inches!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm a little scared to think about it.

Spike,

IT IS ABOUT 3 HOURS FROM NASHUA AREA

you can go for a day if you want to, we have done it plenty of times.

no sweat for a weekend

that lake can hunble you pretty quick, it is nothing like fishing on good old vanilla winni. you have to pay attention to everything if you want to box fish, or get lucky and set up on them.

your fishfinder will read bait and fish everywhere, but you don't just catch them anywhere, many times the school is super tight and you have to find it and hit it just right to get bit.

i wish i knew what all the fish on the screen are sometimes, maybe huge schools of perch alewives smelt bass sheephead walleye, i really don't know, i have trolled countless hours way down deep through thousands of fish and never get a touch, then lift them to the surface and hit salmon and lakers. It's maddening. go out in 300 feet of water and look at your screen there will be fish all over from 100-200 feet down. i rarely catch one out there but they are everywhere.

What a great job by all our N.H. guys.Maybe next year we will try.polebreaker

A little different prize set up back then.
Browns. Sal. Lakers. cold water speciecs. 10 places for that cat. with diff. PTS for each. Kinda the same as now. The last year I fished it the grand prize was a Gradey White with a 150 HP & a Dodge Ram to pull it. W-Fat

Great job guys, excellent pics. That brown looks like he has been juicing!!!!!