Log On Today - Fish On Tomorrow!

(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Lake O.

Hi everyone,
Going out to lake Onterio last week of august,saterday 8-22 thru saterday 8-29.Fishing sunday thru friday.My freind who only fishes out there with me comes for only 2 days and my uncle is not planning on coming out this year.This opens up a spot for one maybe two board members to take up the vacancy.I do take the wife and kids,they don't like to get up to early except maybe 2 days to go fishing so I usualy take them in the afternoon after they have done their campground thing.
So if someone is interested in fishing Lake O. all you need is to get lodging and food and drink,I have all the tackle and equipment needed.
We stay at selkirk shores state park in Mexico N.Y. they have cabins and campsites.If ness. I could fit one extra person in my truck but it would be more comfy in your own vehicle.You don't have to come out for the entire week.This will be a good chance for someone to experience fall King fishing.post here and lets go fishing.polebreaker

Re: Lake O.

Hi Dave: I,m planning a trip to that area the first week of sept. but havn,t firmed anything up yet. Wonder if I should go the same week as you. Would be more fun with two boats and two crews. We stay at Catfish Creek down the road in New Haven. How much for cabins at Selkirk and do they have docks? Too old to sleep in a tent.haha Cal P.

Hi Cal,
They still had cabins when I checked last night,they are usually all book by the end of feb.on the cabins ,must be the economy.4 person cabin will run just under four hundred dollers with twenty doller key fee(refundable if not lost)and tax,this includes launching at the mexico point boat launch.That saves you at least eight dollers a day.We do the cabin for the same reason(LOL).Would love to see you come out with us,my brother also comes out with his 23 ft polar,we have a blast,they have the LOC at that time but the last few years we just go for the fishing.See you on the pond polebreaker

My family and I will be staying at the campground in a cabin the week before you arrive. We will be hanging around so I can fish in the Scotty King of the Lake series out of Oswego with Popeye Charters. It's the weekend that you are coming. Might be a little extra crowded out there. All boats have to leave from Oswego so you should be bit better with that. We will be leaving the monday after the tourney and will be staying at Port Ontario Lodge for the last few days. If I can help with a report feel free to contact me at 508-612-2959

Brad

I'll be out there the second and third weeks in August Wed-Sunday if anyone wants to share/compare info. Fishing out of Oswego. May get out the first week in Aug. for a long weekend but not sure yet.

Spike