(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Cell phone goes in the drink!

Salty
Want to thank my son for his very helpful hint. My cell phone took a dip along with me and I figured it was kaput! AJ told me to take out the battery and pack it and the phone in dry rice and it would draw the moisture out. All info is still in it and it works perfectly! Just called Travis and everything was "loud and clear!"

Salty

Forry should have tried that, but I think his 2 or 3 phones were on the bottom of the lake. I never knew you had a cell phone, ws it a secret.

That's about the only thing I haven't lost in Squam, the enviormental ploice have an outstanding warrant out for me..

Big John

I spent my stimulus check on scuba gear. (wish I brought it with me yesterday!) My plan is to retrieve a portion of that gear and open a 2nd hand tackle shop. lol
AJ got me a free cell phone on his plan.

Salty

Hey I gotta remember that next time I do that LOL sure beats sitting there with a hair dryer for 2 hours LOL, I do have to say my new military grade phone from verizon is good under water up to 30', I dropped it in a huge puddle at the derby about a foot deep, while someone was calling and the dumb thing was still ringing LOL, and it was true to its word, 100% waterproof. Take Care god bless LOL Dave

Salty mine's been in 2 times. Once in Winni used a hair dryer,out to Ontario put it on the dash of the truck. still working. Bill

I have dropped several in the lake. Very interesting on the dry ice. Never heard that before. Be interested to see if it continues to work trouble free over the next few weeks. I have always been able to bring mine back to working order with an air compresser blow out and either a hair dryer or sitting the dash for an hour with the defroster on high heat. The only problem is everyone has developed a quirk a couple weeks later. My current one rings sometimes and sometimes not.

Dry rice not dry ice. (unless you just missed the r)

WOW...I completely missed the "r" too. I read it as 'dry ice". As a matter of fact, I just told my wife about the "dry ice" trick and she looked at me funny. Now I know why as I read it completely wrong. I guess if you really think about it...if you put dry ice on a wet phone, I imagine the water in the phone would freeze solid but hey, I thought if someone posts it here, I believe it!

Thanks. I missed the "r". I wondered where the heck you found dry ice so quickley too!

You can also bake them over night in a 150-175 degree oven too. Make sure you have it under control or you'll end up with a puddle of plastic or worse. Most of the plastics and components of a cell phone should take temps higher than that. Exercise this tip at your own risk.

That is weird....I read dry ice as well......now tell the truth Salty....did you edit that post or is it just my old age??? LOL

I think we all read that as dry ICE.

Louis

Guess I should have put it in capital letters. Dry RICE. Phone is still working like new.

Salty