Log On Today - Fish On Tomorrow!

(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Fishing Report

How much do they weigh? What was the blow back like? Looks like if the had some flash on the prop blades you could have an attractor and a jigger.

Interested to see how these hold up over some time. It would appear these are in the hands of someone that will put them to the test and log some hrs on them. Let us know how they hold up, if you don't mind.

Sure would hate to lose on of those to the l;ake bottom too. Would be similar to losing a shark weight price wise. Ouch!

Spike

They are 10 pounds, very little blow back believe it or not.

I'll report more as we get more experienced with them.

I like them.

Big John

Hey John - I was considering trying one of these but the price scared me off.

Do you think you can use these with hardware also or is the a "fly only" rig?

Does your DR rod "load" with this unit or just sit straight out?

Can you run fly rods off this? I know "fly rods on a downrigger???"....just thinking of how I would use this.

...now the "Chamerlain" guys need to come up with a release for this unit

MikeF-NH
Hey John - I was considering trying one of these but the price scared me off.

Do you think you can use these with hardware also or is the a "fly only" rig?

Does your DR rod "load" with this unit or just sit straight out?

Can you run fly rods off this? I know "fly rods on a downrigger???"....just thinking of how I would use this.

now the "Chamerlain" guys need to come up with a release for this unit

You can fish anything you want off them, we used spoons too, you don't load your rod down with these, you need some slack in the llne for best results, your stacked line above the ball can be cranked down however.

Did not do so well 2nd day out (on my own), got frustrated during a good bite, tried too many new things all at once, went back to what I was comfortable with. But I am convinced of their value and will use then again tomorrow.

Big John

This sounds very similar to a unit that came out about 15 yrs ago maybe 20 I think it was called a Downjigger. Had a prop on the front end and like a parachute on the back end.The prop would wind in the release and then the parachute would deploy the release.

poleski
This sounds very similar to a unit that came out about 15 yrs ago maybe 20 I think it was called a Downjigger. Had a prop on the front end and like a parachute on the back end.The prop would wind in the release and then the parachute would deploy the release.

Same person made that one, he's got it pretty **** well perfected now. I saw some of the early prototypes when we (Russ Johnson and I) visited his shop.

Big John

does it work at at slow and fast speeds, that was the complaint i had with my old plastic fish downjigger, at low speeds it would just lock up. would like to get one of these.

Yes it works at both slow and fast speeds.