(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Saturday Squam report

Big John
8 hours, 8 lines,not a single bite ?????????????? I was in very good company, many people were "Squamed" yesterday.

Will hit the pond again tomorrow and Monday with 4 lines, might be better also will sleep late both days, I'm giving them a better chance, like they need it, lol.

If ya want to catch fish, hit Winni, Squam is dead.

Big John

Not dead, just resting! Many lakes are like that right now. Keep at it and take a kid fishing. They could teach us something.

Same story here on the good lake , no salmon to be found - for weeks now -
thank god for lake trout - the cows now showing up in summer patterns and starting to bite ;-)

i feel better now knowing its not just us

Rick

Rick@BBW
Same story here on the good lake , no salmon to be found - for weeks now -
thank god for lake trout - the cows now showing up in summer patterns and starting to bite ;-)

i feel better now knowing its not just us

Rick

We have bait pods as "big as houses" suspended on the bottom at 80/90 feet. With literaly 100's and 100's of Salmon just "under" them, all day long, can't get em to bite.

So much for 55 degree comfort zones, it's 46 degrees down that deep and they stay there chowing down, same spots, everyday. Soon YOY will be there too, more food, ugh. But boy are they growing, 2 year olds are 18" to 20", some as big as 22" and close to 4 pounds allready, if you can catch 0ne.

But Squam has these dry spells from time to time,. every year in July, if you are lucky you can nail 1 or 2 each day.

Big John
Home after 11 days on Squam, lots of photo
I'll try to get em on the bragging board soon..