Log On Today - Fish On Tomorrow!

(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Barge Charters

what you need is sponsorships from all the equipment manufacturers. i wonder if thats possible. i wouldnt want to make guiding a business either, i want to fish and not worry if someones not catching.

fishlessman
what you need is sponsorships from all the equipment manufacturers. i wonder if thats possible. i wouldnt want to make guiding a business either, i want to fish and not worry if someones not catching.

Ha,ha, sponsorship. Allthough that might not be a bad idea for them, I have allot of new or high tech equipment on board that many have ran right out and bought after being on The Barge.

However, I would never solicit any type of sponsorship, then I might be responsible to them, sponsorships are for the pros, my wife is sponsor enough.

Got to get you and your Dad on someday Mike, but I know it's hard to be dragged off your favorite Lake, maybe some mid week day this fall ???

Big John

well i know youve sold a few on those down jiggers, would be wise of them to send you a planer jigger come spring. hopefully i can get away come fall, but im not to sure about the work load here, it looks like its about to drop off which will make things difficult to get away.

fishlessman
well i know youve sold a few on those down jiggers, would be wise of them to send you a planer jigger come spring. hopefully i can get away come fall, but im not to sure about the work load here, it looks like its about to drop off which will make things difficult to get away.

Strange how that works, busy you can get away, slow you have to stay behind and mind the store, been there.

I think he's bringing up a few planer jiggers in the next couple of weeks to try. I really didn't pay too much attention to him setting it up last time, but until a piece broke, it caught several nice ones including 7.5 pound Laker (rare catch for Squam) we (Russ Johnson and I) are looking forward to trying them..

Big John

Maybe I should have mentioned it above, there were no complaints of any kind, a few people inquired about info and my rates, etc, for Big Squam Charters, it's happend a few times before and again more recently.

So I figured I should set the record straight. If you didn't know me, it could be an easy thing for people to assume from some of my post.

I'd rather go to the Dentist, than be a paid guide on Squam, lol. Not sure how much time I have left on the pond, but I do want to enjoy it to the fullest, with fisherman, nuf said.

The Guides deserve allot of credit for what they do, it's a big responsibility and liability as well.. My hat's off to all of them.

Big John