Log On Today - Fish On Tomorrow!

(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: The last Salmon

Glen, So sorry for your loss! The Super Duper brought back memories of times fishing with my Dad, so long ago. May the Lord comfort you through this time!

Salty

Glen
I am very very sorry to hear this news, Your Dad always managed to talk to me on the radio when we both hit the pond the same day, I never got to meet him face to face but the conversations I have had with him were very special and I could tell he was not only a interesting Man but a person who loved the sport of Salmon fishing, You are doing a Great thing changing your handle to salmoneer. As some know here I carry The handle Charlies Charters from a close friend of mine that passed to cancer at the age of 32 he always said when he jumped on my boat that he was fishing on Charlies Charters I think of him whenever someone calls me on the radio. You will feel the same when the salmoneer is called across the smile of the great spirt.

C.C.

So sorry for your loss Glen. I would do almost anything to spend another day with my Dad, but some things are out of our control I guess.
I too will remember your story of your special relationship with your dad every time I hear the name "Salmoneer" broadcast on channel 12.
My sympathies to you and your family,
Bob

Sorry for the passing of your dad, toast your next salmon to him. You and your family have my condolences.

Regards,
Charlie

sorry to hear your father passed glen.but by the sound of the memory you wrote.it sounds like you have a lot of great memories.to reflect on.my best to you and your family.joe s..

So sorry for your loss Glen and we will be happy to carry on the legacy of talking to the salmoneer on the water.polebreaker

Glen
Sorry to hear of your loss, you will always have the memories of the times you shared with your dad. I too have many fond memeories of fishing with my dad and I know that is why I fish today and continue to fish with my son. God Bless!

Glen,

I am very sorry to hear of the passing of your dad. Your post hits close to home. He sounded like a great man who took the time to get his son's involved in the sports that he loved and had a passion for. Count yourself lucky that you were given a gift that you can enjoy and share with your children and grandchildren. Thank your dad every time you pick up you fishing rod or shotgun. Keep his memory alive.

My heartfelt condolences,

Roger Bellerose Jr.

So very sorry to hear about your loss, Your Dad was a great man whom I enjoyed talking to immensely. I met him about 4 years ago, and loved him from the moment I met him, He was just like talking to my Grandpa (old school) all over again, and always more then willing to try to give you a hand to catch more fish. He will be sorely missed by all who had the privelage of knowing him. Carry his handle Proudly, as we will all think of him whenever somebody calls for the Salmoneer while out on the water. My deepest symapthies to you and your entire family. May God Bless you and give you comfort through all the Great Memories you have made throughout all these years!!!!!!!! Take Care God Bless LOL Dave

Glen, so sorry for your loss. Your story has taught me to cherish every time my dad and I get to wet a line together. I too can remember the first salmon that I caught with my dad, and always will. You and your family are in our thoughts and prayers.
-Cody

Glen, sorry to hear of the loss of your dad. Reminds me of the first fish I caught with the help of my dad so many years ago, and all the times we fished together while he was on this earth. Calo P.

Glen,

At times like this I wish I could come up with the words to heal your wounds and make everything OK again. As I can't find those words I just want you to know you are a very good Man, Friend and Father your Dad undoubtly is proud of you and what you have acheveied. So because I can't find the words I will just say this, that One more Salmon is always out there for you and with your Dads spirit you will take to the water's and make him and the great spirit smile down upon you each and every time!

Your good friend Travis

Very sad to hear this news, Glen. I talked to your Dad many times on the radio and he offered helpful tips to me. I will miss him. My deepest condolances to you and your family... Doc GOD SPEED SALMONEER

I'm sorry for your loss Glen. You should treasure every memory of your father and always remember that he'll be with you every time you are out there on the pond or in the woods. My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family.

So sorry for your loss. You will be in our thoughts and prayers.
The memories and love of the outdoors that your Dad intoduced you to will live on for ever as well!
Keeping his handle alive is a great tribute!

Very sorry to hear the news Glen. I recall seeing your dad fishing around Cow/Little Bear in the spring each year. Thoughts are with you and your family. Back in the 70's my dad and I each had a rod made by "Salmoneer" . Wonder if your dad did too.

Thank you all for your kind words thoughts and prayers. They mean a great deal too myself and my faimly and have help us though this dificult time.

Proline the Salmoneer rods are from sombody my Dad took his handle for and old salmon lure the Seneca Salmoneer

thank you all again we will see you on the water thursday am

Glen