Log On Today - Fish On Tomorrow!

(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Transom bar ?

I can also vouch for traxtech products I have 36" trac on both gunwales 2 pedistal downrigger mounts and 8 rod holders. It all works great for me. I highly recommend their products

Glen

My buddy Fairchase Jerry wanted me to install the traxtec system but it was a little pricey for me I installed Bart's custom tackle trac system instead and like it very much.polebreaker

great suggestions, I am checking into Berts also. They seem alot like Traxstech but not as pricey. Have to get on the boat and look at best way to lay it out, then get a list together.

ilucas
I am pretty sure that you will find the Berts and Traxstech completely interchangeable! I use them in conjunction and find the quality the same.(great)
Richard

ilucas
Called over to traxstech and spoke with Jeff earlier, he gave me some good ideas. Thier system sounds and looks great! Would be about 700 for my set up on my boat, that's alot of coin but I am going to kick it around a bit. I tried to find the tite loc site but no luck. Thanks for the input and if thier are any other manufactures out there feel free to post.

John, what did you put on your boat?
Forry forgot where all the rocks are on Squam, yesterday was not fun!!!!! Can't blame him though I think I should have had bigger duo locks on the rigger wieghts, hahaha, Oh well put an order in with AJ this morning for 3 more.

Jeff is super guy and can solve about any problem, they do both Cannon and Big John stuff.

I had them make me tracks that I could mount behind my seats to slide my riggers and rod holders onto with pedestals and swivel mounts, etc.. Then I had them make me pedestals for my rod pumpers to slide into the same track., I also used a few more smaller tracks from them for other rod holders and storage.
The Lexan holders are the b---- and cheaper than the others they sell.

Anytime I had a unique problem, Jeff came up with an idea, they do 1st quality work and stand behind it.

I've sent several people to them, most recently Roger (Fishin Squam Again) everyone was totaly satisfied.

Borrow a few buck from Forry and get a tranducer for your riggers (lol) and transom bar, he's rolling on dough.

Tough break about the balls, but the Squam Rock Gods are really upset this year because I pretty much stopped donating.

Big John

Re: Transom bar ?// rock gods

yes but, the rock gods "cursed" me big time earlier this summer... my new pancake weight, snubber,release & cable.. fish squam and you will pay sooner or latter !!

Re: Transom bar ?// rock gods

J.R.
yes but, the rock gods "cursed" me big time earlier this summer... my new pancake weight, snubber,release & cable.. fish squam and you will pay sooner or latter !!

My favorite quote for Squam fishing is "No pain, No gain", lol. It's not that bad, I put about 30 hours a week on Squam, so for all the stuff I've lost over the years the Squam Rock Gods catch rate for equipment is not that high, lol. About the same as "angler catch rate", (hours fished x # of rods X fish caught).

Big John

John Sampson
ilucas
Called over to traxstech and spoke with Jeff earlier, he gave me some good ideas. Thier system sounds and looks great! Would be about 700 for my set up on my boat, that's alot of coin but I am going to kick it around a bit. I tried to find the tite loc site but no luck. Thanks for the input and if thier are any other manufactures out there feel free to post.

John, what did you put on your boat?
Forry forgot where all the rocks are on Squam, yesterday was not fun!!!!! Can't blame him though I think I should have had bigger duo locks on the rigger wieghts, hahaha, Oh well put an order in with AJ this morning for 3 more.

Jeff is super guy and can solve about any problem, they do both Cannon and Big John stuff.

I had them make me tracks that I could mount behind my seats to slide my riggers and rod holders onto with pedestals and swivel mounts, etc.. Then I had them make me pedestals for my rod pumpers to slide into the same track., I also used a few more smaller tracks from them for other rod holders and storage.
The Lexan holders are the b---- and cheaper than the others they sell.

Anytime I had a unique problem, Jeff came up with an idea, they do 1st quality work and stand behind it.

I've sent several people to them, most recently Roger (Fishin Squam Again) everyone was totaly satisfied.

Borrow a few buck from Forry and get a tranducer for your riggers (lol) and transom bar, he's rolling on dough.

Tough break about the balls, but the Squam Rock Gods are really upset this year because I pretty much stopped donating.

Big John

Yup,
Forrey is rolling in dough!!! Everytime he gives me a bill for his electrical work I cringe!!! Pretty bad when the electrician is making more than the GC on the job!!!!! haha.... I can hear him now.

We probably would have been alright Sunday but he has gotten really slow w/ that bum leg of his.... he can't get to the equipment fast enough to save it anymore lol.

the only reason I have not gotten the transducer and connecting cable is that I was not sure if I was going to keep the Cannon's but I like them a lot so I will be putting that together soon, also am leaning towards the traxstech though the Big Jon is about 300 less and the Berts is about 150 less. May have to shoot a counter offer to Traxstech!!!

Berts Custom Tackle High Quality stuff WWW.bertscustomtackle.com

Done!

ordered the traxstech system.

will post pics after installation

Thanks for all the input.