Log On Today - Fish On Tomorrow!

(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Black's downrigger release Help!

blacks are great, make sure you twist the line at least 6 or 7 twists. I used to use the blacks all the time and still would if not for the Chambelains. Really like them alot!!!

Spend the $ and get Chamberlains. You can set the release for very small fish , yet crank the rod down to touch the water if you want.
Cal

ilucas
blacks are great, make sure you twist the line at least 6 or 7 twists. I used to use the blacks all the time and still would if not for the Chambelains. Really like them alot!!!

Try 10 or 12 twist no need to crank em down really hard you will rip the lips off the fish.. Or use Yellow Offshore pinch pads, or Chamberlain's.

But Blacks are really good normaly.operatot errot I'm sure.

Big John.

On black's as stated earlier you need at least 7 twists.... 7 will hold the line in place and you can still see the action in the rod if you are "dragging" a fish....

http://www.downriggerrelease.com/
i along with many other fishermen have switched over to chamberlain releases in the last year or so, they are a "better mouse trap".

Hey Rick,
Definetley need more line twists, but I like the others have also switched to the Chamberlains, I really like them. I did learn the same lesson as you though about the line twisting issue, even with the Chamberlains, you need to do at least 7 twists, but they hold great once you get the right amount.

-Scott

I use 8 to 10 twists and have no trouble, but am about to switch to the chamberlin, after a demo from the master, Salty....Good luck........Doc

Thank you guys. Just sounds like I'm not twisting enough. I also took more of your advice and just bought 2 chamberlain releases. fishing winni this weekend, I'll let you know if I've "mastered" this yet. Have a great day.

Rick

anrik1
Thank you guys. Just sounds like I'm not twisting enough. I also took more of your advice and just bought 2 chamberlain releases. fishing winni this weekend, I'll let you know if I've "mastered" this yet. Have a great day.

Rick

When I switched to Blacks I gave away all my old Roemers, when I switched to Chamberlains I kept all my old Black's, just in case and now and then we still use one as a stacker..

Big John

Big John

I'm another Chamberlain lover but today I had 2 fish of reasonable size not release my Chamberlain. I'm sure a minor adjustment will fix the issue.

Chamberlain stackers are coming out so I'm excited. I can't use attractors from the ball if I have Chamberlains but the stackers will make it possible.

Mike
Have you tried hooking your Chamberlain to the rigger cable swivel, then a verticle attractor between the Chamberlain and rigger ball at the end? From there you can hook on a horizontal to the ball if you want.Many including myself, use them that way.
Off to the salt tomorrow!
Richard