Welcome Fish Lake Winni Angler's

Log On Today - Fish On Tomorrow!

(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Late post

7/27 3 co workers & I took a 1/2 day off, got the canoes out, & went to Nubi. Paddled across the lake portaged over the dam into Spoonwood. I did fish a little, & dragged a Montreal ***** around on a fly rod for a while. The 3 pups I was with were 25-30 yrs. less mature than I & did some swimming. I figure Spoonwood had never seem a albino manatee before no need to start now. So I stayed out of the cold water.
Big John tells me not to try to keep up with the young-ens I'll hurt myself. & I felt real old when they bring out a 6 pac of double bag. (Whats that?) I did'nt know it was a Long Trail Beer made in VT. 7.2 octaine. When they said double bag all I could think of was my wedding night.
Then a T storm rolled in & they made be go back, the lightning scared the pups & it was getting dark. No fish but now I have seen Spoonwood. nice place I will go back again some day. TnT W-Fat

Re: Late post

As usual I'm chuckling, albino manatee.

I was up at Spoonwood a few weeks ago, first time in a few years. What's up with the weeds? I remember it being as pristine as Nubi, but the water seemed less clear with more growth in the water. Still a nice remote place to fish, swim, and do some double bagging.

Re: Late post

w-fat - your one funny dude, keep up the good work.