Log On Today - Fish On Tomorrow!

(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: The Cool Water For Sale!!!!!

No it's really not a bit much for Winni. It would be if I was just fishing for fun with me and some friends. But for Guiding a Big boat has lots of things we guide's need. When you get more than three people on my boat it's a bit stuffed, now it is one thing if you have people on the boat that know what what is going on but that is not the case when guiding. In some cases my clients may have never fished before and when a rod pops they just watch it and say "why did that rod just do that" than I have to weave thru them and grab the rod. I would like to be able to take six guys on my boat with oout a problem as well as have a full stand up head with pump out and of course a nice 10' beam for my 8 rigger's. It will take me and my guiding to the next level. As for Ontario I will be doing some T's out there with the "Big Boat" that is for sure. I have spoken to one of my sponsor's who would love to see me enter some!

I have already talked to plenty of Marina's about the beam trailering issue and sold plenty of boats with beams over 8'6" when I was selling boats. It's not a big deal to get a permit.

It at this boat is not a matter of if I get a bigger boat but rather which one and when!

I'll keep you posted....

Cool Water

Trav, be very careful of the Baha's. Older ones have had stringer rot issues. Make sure you get a very thorough marine survey done before you purchase ANY used boat.
My buddy just had his baha done over 2 years ago. cost him a mint but its like a brand new one now.

Travis,
You might want to check on this with the DOT, but if you do plan on trailering this boat you may need a seperate permit due to its 10' beam. I'm pretty sure in NY you do.

Good Luck,
Chris