Welcome Fish Lake Winni Angler's

Log On Today - Fish On Tomorrow!

(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Weekend fishing on winni

Well we seem to be inproving a little over earlier in the year although we are still way under par on numbersof fish. The stop board on one of my cannon riggers broke while we were about 40' down which not only made for a frustrating hand wind of the steel wire but also ended up losing a good fish along the way. We have tried hardware and flies but nothing this year seams to work on a sustained basis. Are all of you using attractors on both lead core and riggers?

Wyet Flies was kind enough to help us out with a fly that we DID have a lot of luck with early. All of the fish we are catching seam to come in the first hour of the first bite and then for us it completly stops. If any one has any suggestions how to help sustain the bite we are all ears. Thanks Bobby for your help this past weekend and we look forward to seeing you this weekend. Thanks for the advice in advance. Tight lines to all!!!

Tom and Colleen

Re: Weekend fishing on winni

Tom&Colleen, The most important part of this whole game is keep learning,observe others and have fun. When I saw you Sat. morn Wyatt's Flys was having a fantastic morning.Running all flys on 4 lines. No attractors,6 lbs.flourocarbon line&leader,18# Leadcore line.Sun. morn started with a bang then quieted right down.Still caught Salmon but worked hard for them.By 8:30 we were playing with Lakers&Rainbows.With the help of Travis&AJ's website, everyone's learning curve has been shortened!!See you out there. Bobby

Re: Weekend fishing on winni

I totally agree with the learning curve and the help of this web site along with Travis and AJ. We have learned so much so far and we love being out there. To us the time we share on the lake and the memories that we have togther and with the grand kids is always worth it. Catching fish is a big extra.. Thanks again
Tom and Colleen