Welcome Fish Lake Winni Angler's

Log On Today - Fish On Tomorrow!

(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Fishin on the Misty Mornin

Get done working tonight, crawl in the truck and find that I have a message from Misty Mornin... asks if I'd be up for a little trolling at 6pm. Heck yeah. So, I called him back and rushed on over to his dock. He had the motor all warmed up and ready to go, so I jumped on board and we headed out.
This was the first time I had a chance to join Stan for some fishing and boy am I happy I did. Wonderful night! Stan is top notch and we had some great conversation. That would have been good enough... but to top off the night the fishing was extraordinary! Probably one of my top three all-time trips on Lake Winni. No kidding. We fished maybe two hours and about an hour and fifteen minutes of it was nonstop action! I don't even remember how many salmon we boated, but it was quite a few... 4 or 5 rainbows (one nice tagged one) and I think 5 white perch.
Two times, all the lines were out of the water and we were just laughing about the activity. It was great.
The most memorable fish of the night, without a doubt, was a salmon we never even had a chance to fight. This fish hit a rigger rod, which was set close to the boat, and jumped straight UP out of the water... no sideways movement just straight up... he went a good six feet into the air. Never saw a fish jump that high off the surface before. Crazy. Of course he spit the hook at some point during that jump, too. I turned to see if Stan had seen it and he says "I'm glad I just saw that, because I'd never have believed you if you told me and I hadn't seen it myself." Hahaha.
The bait balls were incredible! I haven't seen a sonar screen look like that since I was on Champlain. It was ridiculous.
I'll let Stan fill in the details of lures, depths, etc, if he wants. Not my boat, so I'll let him decide.
Thanks so much Stan. Definitely a memorable night.

Re: Fishin on the Misty Mornin

Yes we had a good night tonight. Every rod caught several fish. We were running a White Perch Fly and a Fuzzy Orange/Copper DB on the riggers. One rigger was at 30' and the other 35'. We also had a Guide Special Orange and Black Dots and an orange fly at 6.5 colors. Speed was 2.3 to 2.7. Didn't have much time to take movies and I wish I had the camera on when that cruse missile came out of the water. I think it was more like eight feet but I had had a Guinness.

Re: Fishin on the Misty Mornin

Excellent Stan...........Looks like you boys had a great night. We hope to see you this weekend!