Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Canvas work?

Give this guy a call does great work Eddies Canvas
25 Chuck Dr
Dracut, MA 01826-2694
(978) 452-5454

Tom's Tops n Trim - outstanding work, decent prices.

I spoke with the guy at Vinnie's Canvas today. He can do it with a 5 year warantee against fading, ripping, dry rotting, pooling and waterproofing that he backs up himself. Not through a middle man or the UPS guy. He Recommended using some other material (not canvas)that is a little more rugged and UV protected.

John- is this the guy that did your enclosure?

RYan
I spoke with the guy at Vinnie's Canvas today. He can do it with a 5 year warantee against fading, ripping, dry rotting, pooling and waterproofing that he backs up himself. Not through a middle man or the UPS guy. He Recommended using some other material (not canvas)that is a little more rugged and UV protected.

John- is this the guy that did your enclosure?

Nope but my old top needed some repair and he did a good job for me.

Guy that did my new too and enclousure works out of his home in Laconia and in Ashland (little Squam) for Squam Boats does good work, but he is slow sometimes, depends how busy he is I guess. I had mine done in stages and it took all summer, but it was a big job and big bucks too. I'll hook you up if you want. Northeast Fiberglass, Laconia his name is Bob Cilly.

Big John

I dropped off a canvas for Bob Cilley to fix last February... still haven't got it back. If you want fast work, he is not your man. I'm not too impressed at this point.

Slipknot
I dropped off a canvas for Bob Cilley to fix last February... still haven't got it back. If you want fast work, he is not your man. I'm not too impressed at this point.

I felt bad about not recomending him for that same reason, I'm glad you confirmed it Craig. Good guy, does good work, but has problems with scheduing and deadlines I guess.

Big John

I talked to the guy in Chelmsford about maybe doing it while I have the top made. i am not looking for something as big or elaborate as yours. I would like to get zip off enclosures that come down from the Bimini on the front and sides and maybe slant out in the back to just behind the livewell/portapotty deck. He told me it could snap to the same snaps as the mooring cover on the sides. Just want enough room to get out of the weather in spring.

If I remember correctly from looking at the pic of your boat yours goes all the way back to the rear railing? Mine has the riggers and rod holders across the back so that wouldn't work. It would leave about 3-4' of open space in the back.