Welcome Fish Lake Winni Angler's

Log On Today - Fish On Tomorrow!

(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Lake O trip

Headed out for a week of fishing on Lake O.Fish are still very scattered,bait is very thick from 85 ft out to 120 ft from the river all the way past the dunes....did not mark many big fish until thursday and friday but they did not want to play.We had many newbies on the polebreaker this week and had alot of knockoffs and many on the rod for a short time.We had alot of trouble getting them anywhere near the boat...and we only boated one for the week.Yankee Native was on the polebreaker on monday and we had no hits until 11am when all h@#l broke loose and for the next 2 hrs the newbies kept Cal and I very busy as we had about 20 hits with half of those hooking and running and only one small king landed.Wensday brought in a front that gave us reported 8 footers out there we will have to get first hand report from popeye as rumer has it he got a 28 lber in that snot before limping off.Best rig was purple passion kingfisher flasher with bare blue colored meat head(only worked one day)Froggy flasher and meathead was hit several times best fly setup was an 11 inch white lightning hot spot flasher with baby blue echip fly...some big king is lip sucking that setup and I could not find a replacement that worked as well...# 2 was small disco protroll flasher and glow hammer set up on the dipsey....lost equipment for the week,3 smoked reels...one eagle seacharter 500c fishfinder gps unit(fried), kicker motor died last day out(fuel??)drivers side power window came off the track,one trailer tire and lost the wipers on the way home in the rain.All in all we had a great trip just too early this year for good fishing.Reel catch did a little better getting their fish on board hope Cal P. had a good time,we enjoyed his company.Can't wait to do it all again next year.Good luck to all who are still waiting to make their way out there.polebreaker

Re: Lake O trip

Sounds like a blast, Cal called me and left a message, sounded like he was realy enjoying the trip.

Some day I might make it, for now hoping to get to Champlain early October.

Hey Cal, got that new ride ready for fishing yet.

Big John

Had a great week fishing Lake O. with Polebreaker and Reel Catch.Thanx again Dave and Mike.Like Dave said, the catching wasn,t great, but the weather, time on the water and camp time was. And bringing in the 18 lb.er that we all thought was at least a 30 by his many strong runs was the fish I,ll remember most from this season. John,the new boat has been on Winni. twice and to Jefferys once and fishes well. Cal P.NY King Salmon, 82009

Nice looking fish Cal.
I'll be out there next week with 7 others from FLW. Hope more kings are staging by that time.
Cal

Thanks Cal.They should be well staged in front of the rivers by next week.Best of luck to all of you out there. Be safe and have fun!!! Cal P.

Yankee Native
Had a great week fishing Lake O. with Polebreaker and Reel Catch.Thanx again Dave and Mike.Like Dave said, the catching wasn,t great, but the weather, time on the water and camp time was. And bringing in the 18 lb.er that we all thought was at least a 30 by his many strong runs was the fish I,ll remember most from this season. John,the new boat has been on Winni. twice and to Jefferys once and fishes well. Cal P.NY King Salmon, 82009

Nice fish, I'll take one like that any day.

Big John

Cal, good to have you aboard the Reel Catch. It was a good week in camp, good friends and good food makes for good times.

Far too many fish wearing my bling this year. Lost 2 complete setups on the dipsy (I hate wire line!), changed over to 50 lb braid after that, much better now. Lost 3 green froggie twinkie meethead setups, poor mono or sharp teeth, never had that happen before!

Again, thanks Cal for all the help! Momma felt a lot more confident, because she didn't have to help launch the boat.

Mike P