Welcome Fish Lake Winni Angler's

Log On Today - Fish On Tomorrow!

(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Fall Gathering September 19th Bear Island

As discussed, we were looking at Saturday the 19th, thus leaving the last weekend
of the season "open" for those who might wish to seriously fish.

We're thinking really about the same format as last year but would try to set-up the
Food & Cooking off the Kitchen deck of my house and get more of the socializing up
on the lawn and deck and porch and off the beach and mail dock.

Again, we are pretty adapatable but our only fear would be that
"too many" show up.... I'm guessing between the mail dock (if police & MP
do not force anyone to leave..they haven't in the past), our docks, the
neighbors' docks, the beach, maybe some rafting at the docks, the moorings
we should be able to accommodate 25-30 (maybe more) boats. For food if
everyone takes care of themselves "plus" and shares, we should be
fine.....Liquor is purely BYOB....we will probably have extras but everyone
must at least bring their own (& everyone should bring their own ice ...
plenty of it !!!).... Toilets we should be OK for the solid stuff and gals,
but "use of trees" and any boat heads should be encouraged....overnighting
is OK, if everyone is "flexible" ....

Again, any early arrivals that want to come in Friday evening are welcomed
and we should be able to accommodate for dockage, access to the kitchen
and grills and a place to sleep, as described (anyone coming in Friday night
should give Paul or me a call). And of course any that wish to stay Saturday
and fish (or just leave) Sunday are equally welocomed.

I expect most of our beds will be spoken for but swim mats, lounge chairs,
the ability of tenting, and their own boats should accommodate a lot I would
think a lot would want to fish pre-dawn if they are able (I hope to be able to....
but you never know) .....we'll get a few coffee makers going (& hopefully can
accommodate everyone for coffee) but everyone better have a box or two of
donuts in their boats.

That is all I got at the moment ....your thoughts ???

Joe. Home # 542-8474.. Work # 542-0941 ...Paul: Cell # 494-2374

Re: Fall Gathering September 19th Bear Island

Went Last year with Kool-aid and his Dad and had one of my single best, funnest days on the water. Hopefully I get an invite again this season. Take Care God Bless LOL Dave (Who hopes he can make it depending on school work Ughhhhhhhh or should I say senior year OVERLOAD LOL)

Dave - I am solo in the Grady for that date - you are welcome aboard

Bill Hold that seat, I'll give you a call (gotta talk to you anyhow LOL) Been crazy nutts getting ready for senior hell year Ughhhhh Take Care God Bless LOL Dave

Have been looking forward to the fall gathering cause I had such a good time last year, but can,t make it this year cause my youngest boy,31,is getting married that day.But sunday will be a go! Cal P.

Hi Gang... Just trying to get this message back in front of everyone and maybe get some dialog going...

As all who have been out lately know .... THE FISHING HAS BEEN GREAT !!.... and last year's sociability sets a very high mark for us to shot for on the 19th !!

Paul and I , our families and our neioghbors are again looking forward to this weekend. Only thing we can not control is the weather.... it likely will not be as GREAT / PERFECT as last year, but we have plenty of porches and tarps and should be able to handle most conditions.

It sounds like Travis will be "working" that morning so we'll need someone to "step-forward" to handle the "pre-dawn/pre-gathering" meeting at the Meredith town docks at Shep Brown's about 5:30 or at a time to be agreed upon (or thru another manner to be deternibed). Hopefully we won't have that pea-soup this year that stranded some of you "at sea", missing that meeting.

Also my son Greg and Paul's son Ben are unable to attend this year's gathering, so if one you want to "step-forward" to try to coordinate some sort of Horse Shoe Tourney, you'd be most welcomed.... or you can just let nature "take it's course" on the 19th.

Again, we'd like reaffirm that invitation to linger as long as you'd like that afternoon.... if you'd like to catch that sunset or maybe even the next sunrise, that would certainly work with us.

I think we can handle about 25 -30 boats (maybe even a few more) before rafting, beaching them or parking them back at the town docks at Browns and shuttling. "fishlakewinni" cooperation, innocvation and "mutual aide" should make it workable.

If you have any questions, let me know or send me a private e-mail.

Hoping to see you on the 19th.

Joe (White Thunder) & Paul (The Lineman)

Hey Gang, Long range weather suggests the 19th should be a pretty good day....from "channel 12" it sounds like the fishing is holding up, but from this weekend you won't know it on my boat....with apparently a steady weather pattern developing, we have good "vibe's" that the bite will return this week.

We are just trying to get a "feel" of who (& how many) and number of boats that maybe planning on attending. Any response that you could offer, either through this "dialog" or a phone call or private e-mail, would be appreciated. Also if any questions, please similarly contact me.

Also still looking for anyone that wants to take charge of that "pre-dawn meeting" at Shep Brown's and the "pool" or anyone who might be willing to try to coordinate a Horseshoe Tourney of sorts.

Thanks and hope to see you on the 19th !

Joe. (White Thunder) Home: (603) 542-8474 and Cell: (603) 558-1059.

I hope to be there with my fishing buddy, and RFP, Jim Hanson who also lives on Bear Island down by the camp. We'd bring enough moose burger to gripp for about 10 or so. What time is the gathering?

Thanks!

Hal Lyon
Aardvark

We'll also bring enough beer for 10-20 or so (2 small pony keglets) to wash down the moose burgers we'll bring. Had some left over from the island wedding. But what time will it be?

Hal

Hi Hal... I would expect it would get going about Noon..I would think those fishing in the morning should be ready to quit (or take a breather by then) and I'm sure any activities that evolve from a "pre-dawn" meeting at Shep Brown's will establish some sort of "deadline" probably about that time.

The day's format is very informal and very "free flowing" ... everybody is on their own pace for socializing, cooking and eating.... there is absolutely no rush.... I'm sure we'll be going well into the evening and continuing the next morning and as earlier communicated....

All are welcome to join us and linger, we should be able to accommodate some who wish to "overnight" or come in early on Friday afternoon/evening....

Any particular questions , give me call or e-mail (I'll only be responding to e-mail until 6:30 am Thursday morning) Home # (603)542-8474; My cell # is (603) 558-1059; the Cottage phone at Bear Island is (603) 279-6115.

Hoping to see a lot of you Saturday.

Joe.

Dear Joe,

Many thanks! As you may know, I live on east side of Bear down by 6 mile. We will fish in the morning and then drop by about noon or so. I'll bring enough moose burgers for 10 or so and a pony of beer. Looking forward to it!

Best wishes,

Hal