Welcome Fish Lake Winni Angler's

Log On Today - Fish On Tomorrow!

(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Jigging Lakers

Taking the boys out hopefully on Saturday and Monday jigging lakers. I figure this might keep them more interested than a troll. I plan to modify the Jigomatic and Jason's Line Puller to go vertical if it gets slow. I will also use some Gulp Alive Minnow's too and maybe even drop shot them - especially on the 3 yr old's pole.

I plan to take video if the kids behave and allow me to.

The key to a successful trip will be plenty of Lego's as this seems to keep them content - we shall see - I am glad they float.

They say the key to laker jigging is confidence and after going out with Travis on the CoolWater in July, I now have a much more confidence in the technique.

Even though lakers weren't really stacked, we did spend an hour jigging.

Enjoy the weather.

Chappy.

Re: Jigging Lakers

Hi,

We got 5 on WinniP Saturday (3 hrs) but the wind and boat traffic made things tough and the boyz didn't really cooperate either.

Monday we tried WinniS (3 hrs) and could not find any lakers stacked.

I know we should have trolled but we committed to jigging as we only brought 4 jigging rods and no riggers or trolling rods.

The line puller from Jason, works well for vertical action. I may have to look into making a setup for it for ice fishing this year.

On the plus, I realy fell in love with ultracast ultrabraid...

Looks like we might need to hook up with Adrian and ride in the moon mobile this winter.

Hope to get out before the end of the season. I am hoping the weekend of Sept 19 around Bear Island...still working on the permission slip.

Enjoy.

Chappy.