Welcome Fish Lake Winni Angler's

Log On Today - Fish On Tomorrow!

(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
First Conn. Pittsburg

Heading up to Pitt for the second trip of the year, any pointers on Fishing First conn. never fished it before and want to give it a shot.

Re: First Conn. Pittsburg

From my limited experience up there fish the northern end of the lake with the usual lures. I usually always fish shallower like 2-5 colors of leadcore and I have always done decent.

Please post a report I am actually heading up there in about 9 days

will be fishing first conn sat and sun ill let you know how it works out

If you are keying on salmon the last couple of years in June we have had the most luck trolling to far end of lake from boat ramp on right hand side in water over 100' deep. o
For lake trout on the opposite shoreline you will find a sand bar will 25'-40' of water. This is good place to fish with live bait on the bottom. Usually pretty good action.

Good Luck!

FishRman- I know you read the weekend post. I would also try in front of the small bay looking out (south) from Camp Otter on the right before the power company house on the point. We fished late one afternoon right 'til dark and we were marking A TON of fish mostly right on the bottom. Could not get them to hit what we were trolling and we ran out of daylight before we figured them out. I was thinking a lot about trying the jigging a few guys on here have been talking about. Seemed like a perfect time to try but I didn't have the stuff to do it.