Log On Today - Fish On Tomorrow!

(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Great year for bear hunting

Congrats Slipknot. That is an awsome bear. how come the newest post dont go to the top. Bob called me and told me to look. I know a great taxidermist and very well priced. Give me a call or email and i will set you up. I have had 10 heads done by him in the last 10 years. I have a deer done like the way you want to mount your bear if you want to look at it. 765-9796

Craig,

Congratulation on your huge bear. Great photo of you with the animal.

As far as quality taxidermy I would recommend Leon's Taxidermy in Loudon. His number is 783-3394. He is a very detailed in his work. Leon Verville has been a taxidermist all his life. I have mounts that are 20 years old and look as good as the day I picked them up. He is not cheap but you will get a first rate job.

Roger-

Ahhhhh good old certified scales (LMAO) gotta love em!!!!! Not so sure I'd beleive those certified scales of the states, I'd go with the butchers scale LOL Either way that is surely one heck of a bear Congrats bud, Take Care God Bless LOL DAve

Craig
Not knowing the logistics of the wait on the weigh in. I guess you have to go with the "official". I find it very hard to believe that beast did not lose weight in a cooler. Also, I would question a scale that is trucked around and not certified for 5 years. Ask Adrien how long the NH bureau of weights and measures allows him to sell fruit and veggies on a 5 year old certification. I remember when it was every year, they had to be certified. It may be every two now, but Adrien could say for sure.
Richard

Those were the exact same feelings I was having. Especially if the butcher also does Pork, Beef etc... if his scale was that far off, how much is he ripping off his customers?????? I also thought that scales had to be certified every year? I'm curious as well Take CAre God Bless LOL Dave Who still says you got a record in my books LOL And god knows you made grandpa smile big time when he was looking down at ya Saying "That's ma boy!!!!!!!"