Log On Today - Fish On Tomorrow!

(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Suggestion

nothing, some winters i didnt even cover it, just shoveled it out on occasion. LOL

I heard that EVERY place has it now and the state is moving towards 20% instead of 10%

west alton marina carries valvtect gas. Not sure exactly what it is but it is suppose to be a better type of fuel than etanol

Don't know of any without ethanol anymore nor would I target it since most places have it. Better to be consistent and not mix. I mixed last year (not on purpose) and it took a couple of tanks to clear up. Motor ran awful. If you don't buy your gas at the same exact place all of the time, you run that risk.

15% is being talked about but would be very very bad for us with outboards (and other motors). Ethanol is a self made / man made issue within itself.

I have been buying / using kayaks lately. They don't seem to have any issues with ethanol (so far).

Ryan B
west alton marina carries valvtect gas. Not sure exactly what it is but it is suppose to be a better type of fuel than etanol

VALVTECT Marine Fuels
Benefits Boaters and Marine Engines

Getting the most mileage out of a tank of gasoline or diesel fuel is more important than ever. Most boaters, however, don't know that using a gasoline or diesel fuel specially formulated for marine engines can significantly reduce fuel consumption and maintenance costs and extend marine engine life.

Marine engines can use up to 10 times more fuel per hour than the engine in a car or truck because they operate at much higher RPMs and loads than automotive engines. The detergents and other additives in automotive-grade gasoline or truck-grade diesel fuel are typically not effective enough to keep a marine engine's fuel system clean of deposits. They also do not contain additives that help prevent premature wear. ValvTect Marine Fuels are now available at Certified ValvTect Marinas nationwide to provide the performance and engine protection marine engines need.

ValvTect Marine Gasoline and ValvTect Marine Premium Diesel Fuel are specially formulated for marine engines and operating conditions to prevent and clean up power-robbing deposits. They are test proven to reduce fuel consumption and protect the engine from premature wear. Compared to non-marine grades of gasoline or diesel fuel, ValvTect Marine Fuels contain more detergents, stabilizers, water dispersants and other important additives.

ValvTect Marine Gasoline contains ValvTect Octane Performance Improver (OPI), a patented combustion modifier, detergent, fuel stabilizer, moisture dispersant and anti-wear additive. It cleans the entire fuel system of problem-causing deposits, improves combustion, increases octane performance, stabilizes the fuel and extends engine life. Fuel economy tests indicate ValvTect Marine Gasoline with OPI reduces fuel consumption up to 8% versus automotive-grade gasoline. Engine wear tests indicate ValvTect OPI extends valve seat life up to 70%. ValvTect OPI is not available in any other brand of automotive- or marine-grade gasoline.

ValvTect Marine Premium Diesel contains BioGuard micro-biocide and is formulated to keep the fuel free of bacteria, fungi and algae that plug fuel filters, cause corrosion and can shut the engine down. ValvTect Marine Premium Diesel also contains ValvTect's Diesel Guard Heavy Duty Marine Diesel Additive, which prevents and cleans up injector deposits that cause loss of power and poor fuel economy. Fuel economy tests indicate improved fuel economy up to 13.6%. ValvTect Marine Premium Diesel also contains cetane improver, fuel stabilizer and moisture dispersant that prevents sludge and significantly extends the life of fuel filters.

ValvTect Marine Fuels are specially formulated to meet the high demands of marine engines and operating conditions and can only be found at Certified ValvTect Marine Fuel marinas. ValvTect Octane Performance Improver, Diesel Guard Heavy Duty Marine Diesel Additive and BioGuard can be purchased at most marine supply stores if a marina does not offer ValvTect Marine Fuels.

It is my understanding That valvetec is only an additive just like starttron or stabil,you can buy it at any West Marine. I think it still has ethanol in it. Jump in here Gus and give us the real story.