Welcome Fish Lake Winni Angler's

Log On Today - Fish On Tomorrow!

(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
New Boat advice

I've stumbled across a very good opportunity to buy a 22' eastern boat lobster style with pilot house and full side curtains. the boat is a 2005, motor is older(came off his old boat). Anyone have any advice on this. My 17.2 smoker craft owes me nothing, but I keep toying with the idea of a bigger boat and I love the cover. Good reviews and bad needed. I told her I would have a decison by Friday. Thanks guys.

Rick

Re: New Boat advice

I think that Eastern boats are hard to beat. They tend to be pretty pricey, and as I recall they do not require as much HP as other boats the same size and configuration

I love the lines on Eastern boats. The hesitation I would have with them, particularly on the salt, is the amount of freeboard on the stern. Stan on the "Misty Morning" would be a great source of info on Eastern's.
Richard

Its a sad story, this was the man's dream boat, just retired school teacher, then died a year later from cancer. His daughter has been taking it out yearly for lobster fishing. I would be using it for the lakes only. So the price is right, they're moving to Nh and just want to get rid of it. I'll try and post a pic. I just want to be sure as a solo fisherman 70 percent of the time, that this is managable for me. My wife loves it and says she'll go more, The motor is an older nissan 90hp, salt water use only. they say he and she meticulasly maintained it. They just took it out of the water this past weekend, but will take us out if we buy. a href="http://s558.photobucket.com/albums/ss29/anrik1/?action=view¤t=Boat132.jpg" target="_blank">Photobucket

I don't know much about boats, but if you like it and you have the wife pulling for it, I'd go for it.

Seems the boat is very popular amoung the guys here, don't wait too long if it's a good deal.

Big John

I think that would be a great boat for trolling on Winni. They are more less Semi displacement hulls which accounts for the reason they use a little less HP. You wil have a little less top end speed but also use less fuel.

Glen

Go for it! If you ever have a problem with the motor put an e-tec on it. You'll be good for life.
Just my 2 cents.

Salty

i own a 19 footer with the cabin, the only one they ever made that size with the roof and cabin. the 22 is my dream boat, wider, and even more working room than their 24 foot model and the 22 has a deeper keel making it more stable than their other sized boats. ive had mine since about 92, paid 10500 for the boat and changed the engine a year later for 5600, last year brought the boat to their facility and changed the floor to their new rotproof composite for another 4 grand with new tank, hoses and lines, bigger pump. boat was appraised at 22000, they really hold their value well. these are really great boats, the only thing i like better with the 24 is its got nicer lines, i would stilll rather have the extra deck space with the 22. my 19 fishes 10 lines fairly well and its really easy to mount things, they made this boat for commercial use so there isnt much fluff like vinyl to crach or plastic to break etc.
heres mine after getting the new floor, the old one was plywood and wooden studds, the newer ones are a solid composite with foam filled composite stringers, should last along time. the freboard in the back of my boat is really low, they dont make them that low anymore which was a good idea on there part, little unnerving shark fishing out 30 miles with that low section and the wind picking up :) i fabbed up some stainless risers to fill in those corners
Photobucket

We are doing it!!! thanks everyone. Called the woman today to firm up everything, of course I get voice mail. UUUUUUGG!! merry Christmas kids, Santa might be bringing me a new boat, for all of us of course. I'll keep you posted on this endeavor.

Rick

you will love the boat, good fishing platform and its nice to cruise in, a bunch of stackable chairs and you easily change the layout.

Mike, Still looking good. Maybe we (bring your Dad)can hook up for lunch some day over the cold months, brrrr.

Big John

PS: Boat stayed a float all year, thanks.

repaired another one later this summer, it had no drainplugs, tried to talk the guy into adding some but he didnt think it necessary. bet he comes back in the spring