Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Boat question/advice

Look at the Smoker Craft - combination fish and ski

As far as Lund durability goes I have a 1986 Lund Tyee 17 footer and I keep it in the water all summer long. It has an aluminum riveted hull. That boat does not leak a drop of water! Hows that for durability? I plan to keep it for 20 more years.

i would keep the current boat and add another, the only boat ive liked that does both family and fishes well is a big pontoon like john sampson has and you would still want your current boat for bass fishing.

I too would recommend looking at a Pontoon if you have any interest in one at all. I bought one last fall and with alot of help from guys on here, set it up very well for fishing. I have 3 young kids so when i am done fishing with the guys I can strip the fishing stuff(riggers, rod holders etc) down in less than 5 minutes. I stowe it under the seats, set up the tube and take the family out. The toon has fit our needs perfectly. Mine is 22' with a 90 hp Johnson and seats 12...

Thanks everyone for all the input.....I think I am going to look into the Four Winns Fish-n-Ski. I need something that trailers easily as I don't live on a body of water, and would like to fish different places. That kind of eliminates the Pontoon boat.

MIKEM here is two more cents I have a starcraft cstar170 the mrs and I with 3 grandchildren very comfortable 115 merc trolls down nice.BARRY

Everytime you add a foot it makes a huge difference.I had a 17.5 ft fish and ski sea nymph it did everything I wanted it to do except when I went to lake O.I had to pick my day's waiting for good weather.I now have a 19 ft (18.6 inch)starcraft islander.It is a foot wider and has very,very deep sides.It almost seems like twice the space even though it is only 13 inches more.I am also out of the weather better than the fish and ski(it had a full canopy but was open in the center below the glass)this provided a good cold wind path in the spring.I really enjoy the extra comfort of the cuddy up front.Good luck.polebreaker

Mike,
I don't know where you are, but I'm in Holderness, and you can come and see my set up (Four Winn)whenever you have a chance.

Louis