Log On Today - Fish On Tomorrow!

(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Buck Down!!!

Thats is a truly impressive deer! And also a very nicely written post It's makes me what to go to pittsburg

Congrats

Glen

Nice one Travis. Heavy beams on him.

I hear ya on the 200 pound mark. To me, its a goal that creates different hopes and changes the hunt a little. Keeps it fresh. Made a mistake on my "200 pounder" this year. I watched a buck for a long time, beginning of muzzleloader season. I totally planned to let him pass as the rack was a moderate 8 point. But when he got close and turned broadside I thought for sure he was over 200. I decided to harvest him on weight alone. Brain shot. Instant death. Nice buck. But he ended up being only 183 pounds. Still a great deer, but left me wanting for a 200 lber. Haha. So, I hear ya on the draw of the body size. (Headed to Indiana on the 11th so may still have a shot at a 200 this year.)

WOW (Great) Job Congrats from the W-Fat

Congrats Travis, Been waiting all season to here this story. Glad you had a good time hunting with your Dad and broke the 200 mark. Nice Buck and Big bodied. Now if you could come up to my house and show me how to get this goshdarn bruiser i've been trying to get for 2 years now, I'd be very appreciative LOL God know's you've shown me how to catch some fish (as well as others) so maybe you can show me how to finally catch this buck that likes to tease the crap out of me Ughhhhhhhhh Oh did I mention he has at least one drop tine about 6-7 inches long????? Take Care God Bless LOL DAve Who still has some snow but its going away fast Ughhhhhhhhhh

CONGRATS Travis !!! Thats a for real North country ridge runner. I have only ever got one over 200 lbs. and that was some time ago. 212 lbs. scored 137 B+C. May never get another buck close to that one, but that,s O.K. cause I,ll never forget that day! Cal P.

Give me a shout.

Good job Travis!!! I hope to hunt with my son someday soon.

Nice to see a big boy like that down, congrates.

Travis nice buck anything over 200 is awsome love to see those BIG necks.The 200lb patch will look good next to the guide patch.I shot a 220lber 8 pointer about 7 years ago and what a day.Cut it all up and tried to eat it and it was TUFF the only thing I could eat was the back strap and ground up the rest. Deer was 5 1/2 years old and he was a mountain deer, the hoofs were all cracked from walking on rock and a gray face,I look at him every day on the wall,But remember the meat only last a year but bone and memorys last foever.Good luck this weekend to those still out there,Macs getting his deer this weekend he has put his time in. B-man PS razzle dazzles web site check out that salmon that F+G is holding headed there in june and I cannot wait.Its about the same size has the one AJ caught this year

I've found the key to not having tuff steaks is to ask the butcher to never cut the steaks more then a 1/2 inch thick. Have had some good bucks over the years between members of our group, and never had a tough one buy following this rule, Another good thing to do is to marinate the steaks overnight in the fridge AWESOME Take Care God Bless LOL Dave

nice buck trav... joe s..

Good job Trav there fun ain't they mine was only 209pounds this year.

Hey Cool Water, 2 inches of nice new fluffy white gold already on the ground up on my mountain LOL Take Care God Bless LOL Dave