Log On Today - Fish On Tomorrow!

(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Need some Help

Travis; I,m more than willing to help out any way I can. Cal Preston Epsom N.H.

Good idea I don't know how much I can do living so far away .But let me know if I can help.

Erin

I think that this idea of forming a committee is a great one. I hope that there is someone out there that checks this site out and has the knowledge to assist in going forward with this idea. Just a couple of my thoughts as to why I think this is such a good idea. If this is done correctly and is set up with a voting board and had a roster of membership and held regular meetings kept minutes of all meetings, attended F&G meetings as a body it would not take long for people to listen. The whole trick is to do it with numbers. I would think the committee would be better recognized if it was done 100% correctly not just as a organization. This could be something that I believe could have a major input as to how we manage this great resource, not just for what most on here do fishing from April 1st until Sept 30th but show concern and input for the resource for 365 days a year. What I truly believe though is that it would have to be done correct to be heard. I can only hope that there is one person who read this web site and believes the same as we do that something must be done and by forming this committee we can come together as a group and have input as to what we believe is good for the resource. If there is a legal person out there that reads the site please offer some pro bono help here if you would. There are many more reasons to do this as a committee that could be researched down the road. I don't have the knowledge to set it up I have been on committes and see how they work as a group. I hope that this continues to be looked at and I am here to help any way I can. Let's protect our resource for future generations.

You can count me in as well. This is very important to me and everyone. I love the idea of helping out in a committee for the good of all and the future fisherman/girls..... Rick Nantel

This is a good idea Travis, as long as you can clearly define the objectives and keep the focus. Fishlakewinni.com is the perfect venue as all interested can voice their opinions and as you point out some are very good. If you want to really build a strong platform buy the Wini Derby from Rick, keep the derby permit in place, change the derby format, yearly if necessary, make it a 501C corporation so it is non profit and can seek donations and then use that money to help the fishery. (The LCI Derby has over 250,000 cash on hand). The advisory board should include captains, manufactuers, retailers, and fisherman. Myself and my three sons will help. There is power in numbers.

im in trav.what ever i can do to help. thanks joe s....

i like the idea, best with numbers. maybe set things up with a representative from a few groups at first as they know more about organizing things, try and get someone that leads your guides association, maybe some one from a lake association (im assuming but dont know if winni has one) maybe try and get a rep from a group like trout unlimited, the merideth rotary etc. use these people as mentors in the early stages founding things and getting organized, you dont want everything on one persons shoulders as its way to much. i know back in college our frat was big into community work, comes in handy when going against the city, you dont want to be the group thats blaming and pointing fingers, but the one thats doing their part to make things right in the community. might even help to contacrt a similar group in one of the neighboring states, its strange that winni doesnt have this already