Welcome Fish Lake Winni Angler's

Log On Today - Fish On Tomorrow!

(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
barbless hooks

whos tried it and how did it work for salmon trolling. i fish barbless flyfishing and find it works excellent in close quarter nymph fishing where the line is more verticle landing fish to the water, when its a longer line and a flatter angle of line to water the quick long distance release shows up more often, anyone have experimented with bigger single point barbless on lures. keep seeing go barbless on posts for winni, butt does it work well enough to land a fish, i dont mind losing a fish boat side sometimes, especially with smaller fish, but losing the big ones would be frustrating, especially if i dont get a look at them

Re: barbless hooks

had a feeling no ones really tried it, after seeing posts for it it made me want to know if it would really work the way we fish, wouldnt want to see a rule change for something that no ones really tried for a season of fishing

Re: barbless hooks

fishlessman
had a feeling no ones really tried it, after seeing posts for it it made me want to know if it would really work the way we fish, wouldnt want to see a rule change for something that no ones really tried for a season of fishing

My turn Lou, ha,ha, hope the weather holds for you, I'm back up north.

Fishlessman,

Old Fisherman pinches all his barbs, he also don't catch many fish, maybe it's the pinched barbs ???

Big John